California unemployment rate reaches 11.9%

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Aug 21, 2009.

1. bidask

bidask

the stock market doesn't care about unemployment. the stock market cares about company profits. laying off people boosts company profits, assuming sales decrease at a slower rate.

#11     Aug 21, 2009
  2. The income disparity in SoCal is very very great. Those of us the have income are still paying the service providers.

Cali unemployment could go to 30% and those that have income will still have income.

I laugh at your fears.

#12     Aug 21, 2009
  3. This ain't the Woodlands or Lake Conroe bro. The weath in SoCal is stagering.

#13     Aug 21, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I laugh at those fears as well, there doesn't need to be an ounce of fear when the fed can produce unlimited amounts of worthless dollars, keep rates at historical lows to create another bubble to keep GDP at 3-4%, and have as much as government intervention you can possibly have in this upside down economy.

#14     Aug 21, 2009
  5. My guess is that the vast majority of SoCal's have their wealth in something other than USD's

The Fed is totally irrelevant.

#15     Aug 21, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

The Fed is totally irrelevant, ha. Are you serious....

#16     Aug 21, 2009
  7. Yep.

Especially when one domiciles his business offshore and those business deal in Euro, and Pounds and Dirham's and Rupees and Korna...etc..etc..

Wake up ..it's the 21st century already

#17     Aug 21, 2009
  8. dtan1e

dtan1e

at this rate, it looks like the intention is to screw the Japs and Chinese with their 1.6 T of treasuries and all the foreign holders of dollars, the commoner and poor in US are collateral damage

#18     Aug 21, 2009
  9. Never in the history of world has this kind of debt EVER been repaid. It's always been inflated away or simply repudiated.

One would always do well to remember that.

#19     Aug 21, 2009
  10. dtan1e

dtan1e

if anything this crisis has taught me is that 99.9% of the CEOs of companies and heads of gov't only look gd but r actually incompetents, even the gov'ts of Jap and China, else they would have figured it out and taken the necessary steps long ago, this makes the US gov't looks like thieves in suits

#20     Aug 21, 2009