California Teachers Deliver Abysmal Performance Compared To Other States

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

That's fake news

3. Very fake.

Charter school lobby out to undermine parents faith in public schools, it is just going to get worse and worse.

Probably will be headlines about public school death panels soon.

4. Arnie

Arnie

The organization that produced that report has a very diverse group of donors...

• Abell Foundation
    • Achelis Foundation
    • Anschutz Foundation
    • Arthur & Toni Rembe Rock
    • Belk Foundation
    • Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
    • Boston Foundation
    • Bruni Foundation
    • Carnegie Corporation of New York
    • Chamberlin Family Foundation
    • Charles and Helen Schwab Foundation
    • Charles Cahn
    • Charles Koch Foundation
    • Doris and Donald Fisher Fund
    • Educate78
    • Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation
    • Exxon Mobil Corporation
    • Finnegan Family Foundation
    • George Kaiser Family Foundation
    • Heinz Endowments
    • Hyde Family Foundations
    • J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation
    • James M. Cox Foundation
    • Joyce Foundation
    • Laura and John Arnold Foundation
    • Longfield Family Foundation
    • Louis Calder Foundation
    • Lynch Foundation
    • Lynde & Harry Bradley Foundation
    • Osa Foundation
    • Powell Foundation
    • Rodel Foundation of Delaware
    • Sartain Lanier Family Foundation
    • Searle Freedom Trust
    • Sid W. Richardson Foundation
    • Sidney A. Swensrud Foundation
    • Silicon Schools Fund
    • Silicon Valley Community Foundation
    • Smith Richardson Foundation
    • Trefler Foundation
    • W.K. Kellogg Foundation
    • Walker Foundation
    • Walton Family Foundation
    • William Caspar Graustein Memorial Fund
    • William E. Simon Foundation
    • Zeist Foundation
    • Anonymous (2)
    https://www.nctq.org/about/supporters

5. I asked my cousin's wife yesterday, she is a Louisiana high-school teacher. She laughed and said that many of the Cali schools would refuse to participate with them and likely were included but downgraded for not responding.

I found this which seems to say that they measure teacher training without reference to actual student results?

https://thejournal.com/articles/2013/07/01/critics-slam-nctq-teacher-prep-review.aspx

"Mercedes Schneider, a teacher and researcher with a Ph.D. in applied statistics and research methods, with a counselor education concentration, has investigated the NCTQ in a 17-part series on her blog, including a detailed review of the members of the NCTQ board. According to Schneider, there are "inextricable associations between NCTQ and the corporate reform agenda.""

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Why is that necessarily bad?
    Business leaders have complained for years about the quality of US education.

7. All developed countries have one thing in common, a competent state run educational system. Without this functioning well a social class system becomes the norm. The same as Colombia, Venezuela, South Africa, you name it. Tier two/three nations. With three tier citizens, no chance of moving from you social class.

The corporations want to get parents fearful that their kids will only get sub-standard education in a public school. This is propaganda to engineer doubt and undermine state run education for the profit of men like Betsy DeVos' brother who founded Blackwater.We know that private does not necessarily mean good, standards slip as evident with many 3rd level private universities.

Do you see why this could be a problem for society? You know, as a conservative.

8. RRY16

RRY16

California has some of the best public schools and probably some of the worst..In parts of Silicon Valley some of the white parents wont send their kids to public high school because they can't compete scholastically with the asian and Indian kids.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's been a good year for for-profit education. I guess I'm supposed to believe there are no smear lobbying campaigns against their main competitors.

10. Arnie

Arnie

Why don't you cal Bill Gates and tell him that. I'm sure he doesn't have a clue.

#10     Dec 29, 2017