California predicts $1bn budget surplus

Discussion in 'Economics' started by exGOPer, Dec 6, 2012.

1. If the CA economy so bad, how come they produce so many jobs there?

Also, I bet most of the jobs are unlike Texas jobs and pay high and probably in high tech.

#11     Dec 12, 2012
  2. if i remember from the maker/taker states cali has something like 1.65 public sector leeches for every 1 private sector job. and in a state like cali pub sector jobs are extremely lucrative with many people making 6 figures+.

#12     Dec 12, 2012
  3. heypa

heypa

lets see. hmmmm? What can they spend it on before they collect it?
    I predict they will find some boondoggle.

#13     Dec 12, 2012
  4. clacy

clacy

Is there a way to short that projection?

#14     Dec 12, 2012
  5. Banjo

Banjo

Mohammad Safi, graduate of a medical school in Afghanistan, collected $822,302 last year, up from $90,682 when he started in 2006, the data show. Safi was placed on administrative leave in July and is under investigation by the Department of State Hospitals, formerly the Department of Mental Health.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-shows-california-leads-u-s-pay-giveaway.html

Excuse me, I have to go puke.

#15     Dec 12, 2012
  6. California's been losing high-tech and and high-wage jobs for over a decade. The data's in this article.

http://www.newgeography.com/content...phic,+and+political+commentary+about+places%2

"California is no longer an incubator of high-wage jobs... California is trailing Texas badly and the nation overall in creating criticial STEM jobs and middle skills jobs (Figures 2 & 3) Only two states have higher unemployment rates than California (Nevada and Rhode Island) . California has the second highest underemployment rate (20.8 percent), which includes the number of unemployed, plus those who have given up looking for work ("discouraged" workers) and those who are working only part time because they cannot find full time work. Only Nevada, with its economy that is overly-dependent on California, has a higher underemployment rate."

#16     Dec 13, 2012
  7. Okay so where the jobs coming from?

#17     Dec 13, 2012
  8. Are we sure Pot wasn't legalized in CA? But someone at the state HQ has been smoking some. CA needs to cut all freakin' benefits for all illegals, that would save a lot of money. But alas everyone looks the other way, bitching about illegals while their lawn is mowed and their house is cleaned and their kids care for by...................illegals!

I can say that having grown up there and know some illegals myself.

#18     Dec 13, 2012
  9. #19     Dec 14, 2012
  10. #20     Dec 15, 2012