California may pay taxpayer income tax refunds in April with IOUs

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Not being smartA$$, but your term "civil war" presupposes 1 organized military force pitted against another.
    US Military is, pretty much, an organized military force. Who's the other side? Joe SixPack?:D

#31     Jan 5, 2009
  2. The town hall just had a 2 mil renovation for granite steps/ handicap ramp. ( Town pop =15k )
    -------------------------------

This stuff must be going on all over. I'm upstate ny, our town just built a new town hall (pop 18k) I'm telling you I think the entire town could fit inside it, it is so big.

#32     Jan 5, 2009
  3. clacy

clacy

It's happening everywhere. These idiots confuse infrastructure with frivolous stuff like water fountains and rec centers.

#33     Jan 5, 2009
  4. I read in the local paper a few weeks ago that California has approved renovating the courthouses in almost all the counties. The local one is projected to cost $85 million. I don't know if that is higher than average or lower. it's a tiny county, but construction costs might be higher since it is in the mountains. At any rate they could save a few trillion if they postpone that project.

#34     Jan 6, 2009
  5. Oops, make that 'save a few billion'. Seems like Trillion is the new Billion these days.

#35     Jan 6, 2009
  6. According to the Constitution that would be illegal.

#36     Jan 7, 2009
  7. Many, many tens of millions of people will soon refuse or be unable to pay their real property taxes.

It will begin in the western U.S., most likely Arizona, Utah and Nevada, and spread to California.

#37     Jan 7, 2009
  8. Cali could issue paper money with advertisements on it. Let the money they get be in US Dollars.

#38     Jan 7, 2009
  9. Brilliant.

Maybe Arnold could start endorsing products for the state too.

#39     Jan 7, 2009
  10. and despite the dismal fiscal picture, retarded voters passed an initiative to spend tens of billions on a rail system linking northern and southern california.

and you wonder how the state got into this mess!

#40     Jan 7, 2009