California may pay taxpayer income tax refunds in April with IOUs

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Yeah and wealth is disappearing faster than anybody would believe. People with means are seeing the writing on the wall and it says "Mexicans are going to legislate all your money into their pockets". One study showed that 7000 households with net worth over a mil pulled up stakes and left LA County. I'm not sure if they all left the state but likely they did, the neighboring states to the east are tax havens by comparison.

#21     Jan 5, 2009
  2. gnome

gnome

Californians should just have any refund applied to next years taxes..

#22     Jan 5, 2009
  3. clacy

clacy

Impossible. That would reduce tax revenues for next year and therefore it would reduce spending..........well maybe not reduce spending.

#23     Jan 5, 2009
  4. kappy

kappy

I don't know if there is anything that would surprise me about California

#24     Jan 5, 2009
  5. Last time they did it the banks would accept them. So if you can trade them for FRNs, you can take those to the car dealer.

#25     Jan 5, 2009
  6. CET

CET

Maybe this will teach everyone that has their withholding set so they "get money back" to adjust it so they owe a little or get no refund. I don't live in Cali, but I still hear people where I live say they are looking forward to their refund and don't understand they are giving the gov. a tax free loan during the year.

#26     Jan 5, 2009
  7. MattF

MattF

2nd that as I'm also a Masshole. Don't forget the statewide health care plan (which payments sent are outsourced to a company in New Jersey) and we'll fine you if you don't have some type of health care period, it's 2nd largest city (Springfield) that needed a bridge loan to avoid bankruptcy from corruption (that it may never pay back), the huge uprising by the police union to use common people as flagmen for traffic duty (since it cuts their pie out), the ass-backwards logic in this state is unreal...

oh but wait; Democrats are the huge majority.

#27     Jan 5, 2009
  8. In the CNBC piece on Madoff just now, I saw the owner of Fast Eddie's Pawn in Palm Beach tell the interviewer "It's bad, stock up on rice and get ready to hide. It's coming."
    :eek:

#28     Jan 5, 2009
  9. lrm21

lrm21

This is ocurring everywhere
    Corruption in govt is part of it's very nature the problem we are having is we are on a govt. Binge
    Every 10 blocks is a township every 2 townships are a municipality every 5 munis are a county then state then federal

As for CA IOU it's really our IOU to to the people of Ca you can guarantee Obama will bail them out

The stock market will turn around for the short term but the overall direction of this country is bankruptcy and civil war, it's a matter of time and pain

#29     Jan 5, 2009
  10. Banjo

Banjo

Examples of the Ca IQ.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-me-outofstate4-2009jan04,0,5259224.story

UC officials debate accepting more non-Californians to boost revenue
    Out-of-state and international students could help the public university system cushion cuts in funding, but could also keep out qualified local applicants.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-immigtuition5-2009jan05,0,6556064.story

California Supreme Court to take on state law granting in-state tuition to illegal immigrants
    The justices have accepted the case that began with a lawsuit filed by out-of-state students and their parents, who argue that such a benefit violates federal law.

#30     Jan 5, 2009