California may pay taxpayer income tax refunds in April with IOUs

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 5, 2009.

1. nicuss

nicuss

Can I buy a car with those IOUs?

#11     Jan 5, 2009
  2. CA should issue a debit card instead of an iou and you could use it to pay other state taxes.

#12     Jan 5, 2009
  3. clacy

clacy

As someone else pointed out, it's totally different. You don't get the money until Cali decides to pay you.

Also, it only penalizes the dumbass people that voted in these criminals, in the first place.

I could care less, as long as Federal money doesn't go to bailout these jackasses.

That will probaby happen however. We'll hear the same montra......"Too big to fail".

Fucking criminal.

#13     Jan 5, 2009
  4. Ask why is Cali in the "state" that it is in?

Look at their "Social progams" and look at what they spend money on.

Look at the fact that the state is run by, Democractes, The GOV is just a puppet......the Liberals Run that state.

Cali is OBAMA NATION at its finest. This is what America wants, one big Cali.

Texas has property rights and very protected property rights at that. Try and tell a Texan that his land is not his.

I hated the fact that I lived in Texas when I first set up shop. Now, its a blessing as we have no state tax, propert rights, Ron Paul and the Reps. running the show, Oil and Gas and Texas has its own Energy Structure. Guns and more guns.

There is not a state that I rather live in as America goes the way it does, other than Texas. I suggest all you East and Coast capitalist, relocate while you!

#14     Jan 5, 2009
  5. clacy

clacy

Love Texas! Never lived there, but always liked the spirit and attitude that Texans have.

#15     Jan 5, 2009
  6. I never thought I'd read a true article like this.

And here it is.

Surreal.

#16     Jan 5, 2009
  7. I agree. A few years ago you would only see a headline like this in 'The Onion'.

#17     Jan 5, 2009
  8. Hell yeah... Too bad Texas is so ugly, but if it were pretty like Colorado or California, it'd be full of hippie liberals, fruits and flakes.

There's no better place than Texas to have a career right now.

#18     Jan 5, 2009
  9. seauouch

seauouch

The pork that goes on at the state & local level is DISGUSTING. I live in MA ( Cali-northeast ) & in my hometown the highschool that used to service 3 towns now services just 1 town ( 60% less students than in the '70's ) & yet the voters recently passed a 16 mil proposal for a high school addition because of overcrowding??

The town hall just had a 2 mil renovation for granite steps/ handicap ramp. ( Town pop =15k )

The last mayor on his last day in office gave huge ( 35%+) pay raises to his friends in the local gov in their retirement year to juice up the pensions they will be recieving.

Cops here get a 8% annual bonus for passing a fitness test ( only one person has ever failed, that person was fired & ended up suiing the city & won for wrongful termination )

At the state level the big dig was the one of the biggest taxpayer rip offs in recent memory ( until the bank bailouts that is ) The original budget was 6 billion it came in at 17 billion. The 1st manager of the big dig was arrested for stealing & selling scrap metal & supplies while using truckers ( on the taxpayers tab ) to haul the stolen goods during working hours.

When the big dig was finally finished ( 5 years late & 300% over budget ) MASSPORT ( gov agency in charge ) decided it would be nice to hire the Boston Pops to perform at the grand opening @ an addition $500,000.00 of taxpayer $$$ ( public outcry nixed this thankfully )

3 months after the big dig is finished leaks are springing up all over place, a huge 10 ton support plate falls & crushes a car killing some poor woman. Repairs will top 500m to fix the shoddy work.

Toll takers in MA earn 45k+ per year yet are routinely arrested for stealing etc

Whenever their is a budget short fall though..OH NOS we are already CUT TO THE BONE, more taxes are the only answer.

#19     Jan 5, 2009
  10. Stosh

Stosh

Isn't it about time for Atlas to shrug??

#20     Jan 5, 2009