California leads nation in foreclosures

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jan 8, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

near me most houses have been on the market for months. Some even reducing prices by 10%...still sitting there.

#11     Jan 8, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

The marketplace will go through a period where sellers stubbornly hold out for their desired price, and potential buyers hold out for a drop in price.

After a while, one group will cave. I suspect it will be the sellers, initially.

#12     Jan 8, 2007
  3. MattF

MattF

same here...they're definitely sitting longer then they used to...then again anytime that houses are being sold in mere weeks, if not days, you know won't last very long as is...

#13     Jan 8, 2007
  4. Had dinner with my tax attorney last week. In my city (one of the top 5 in the U.S.), most of the remodelers and the "flippers" are now "underwater", and net losers on their real estate investments. It may be wise to delay real estate investments until the speculative supply is partially reduced.

Best in '07,
    W

#14     Jan 8, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

That may be one H-U-G-E understatement!

#15     Jan 8, 2007
  6. I excpect that 157K number to go up by at least 100% for 2007, and wouldn't be surprised at a 200% increase.

#16     Jan 8, 2007
  7. Word to the wise and experienced: All trends, from economic ones to fashion, begin in Cali and work Westward.

#17     Jan 8, 2007
  8. I think you mean eastward.

#18     Jan 9, 2007
  9. Right. I did.

Thanks.

#19     Jan 9, 2007
  10. No, he means Westward.....that way they can all go drown themselves in the ocean (not you ByLo). :)

Stupid liberal tree hugging hippie douchebags who vote to give more rights and assistance to ILLEGAL aliens than hard working Americans.

#20     Jan 9, 2007