California lawmakers train sights on gun ownership

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Dec 23, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

For those who may yet be undecided...
    Read all the gun threads that have come up lately and tell me who you trust to be allowed to possess a gun.

#11     Dec 23, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Your ignorance on this subject and haughty condescending arrogance apparently knows no bounds.

#12     Dec 23, 2012
  3. For all those decided and undecided , wouldn't you be the best person to determine whether you own a gun or not?

#13     Dec 23, 2012
  4. This reminds me. There are a large amount of people who never owned, saw or fired a gun till they joined the military. I suppose then a "gun nut friend" might be your local recruiter.

I'm sure the Fed gov't gave birth to a fair share of gun nuts.

#14     Dec 23, 2012
  5. Don't forget the Founding Fathers :p

#15     Dec 23, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'll keep mine, thanks.

You are, of course, free to turn yours in but guys like you don't make decisions for guys like me.

#16     Dec 24, 2012
  7. Wallet

Wallet

I'll admit that most if not all the recent mass shooters, over the past few years, were prescribed antidepressant meds or the like... tackling the problem at it's source, mental health would make more sense as those intent to doing harm will find a method to carry out their evil deeds. The worst mass murders have used explosives not guns.

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot to name a few all started their regimes by controlling and disarming civilians. The downside to gun control, the possible horrific civil liberty violations are too great to be exchanged for the facade of today's gun control safety legislation. The Constitutional Framers understood this, that's why it's not only allowed but encouraged by our Constitution.

Limiting access to those mentally unstable would be the logical first step, and would have prevented Sandy Hook. Controlling access inside the school and posting a armed guard would have prevented Sandy Hook. Disarming the law-abiding citizen only makes them a potential victim.

#17     Dec 24, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

If "criminals are always going to be able to get guns," then why won't crazy people always be able to get guns?

#18     Dec 24, 2012
  9. I see and your ilk using the Joseph Goebbels approach .

Tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

Sorry buddy but I 'm not going to give up the 2nd amendment because some clowns want us to.

#19     Dec 24, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

How they gonna get them if they're institutionalized?

#20     Dec 24, 2012