California home sales fell for 7th consecutive month in November

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Dec 19, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

California home sales fell for 7th consecutive month in November
    [​IMG]
    Sales of existing, single-family detached homes in California fell for the seventh consecutive month in November, the California Association of Realtors reported Tuesday. November’s sales figure was down 3.9 percent from October and 13.4 percent from November 2017. Homes were selling at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 381,400 units in November, compared to 440,340 a year ago. (Times of San Diego)

2. California home prices should crash with rising interest rates. Give it two more years.

3. Would absolutely love to see the prissy boys get smoked.

4. So much hate for CA, I don't get it.

5. Arnie

Arnie

On top of that, they have mandated solar on all new houses.

California Gives Final OK To Require Solar Panels On New Houses

Solar panels will be a required feature on new houses in California, after the state's Building Standards Commission gave final approval to a housing rule that's the first of its kind in the United States.

Set to take effect in 2020, the new standard includes an exemption for houses that are often shaded from the sun. It also includes incentives for people to add a high-capacity battery to their home's electrical system, to store the sun's energy.

"These provisions really are historic and will be a beacon of light for the rest of the country," said commissioner Kent Sasaki, according to The Mercury News. "[It's] the beginning of substantial improvement in how we produce energy and reduce the consumption of fossil fuels."

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/06/6740...al-ok-to-requiring-solar-panels-on-new-houses

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Wow... thats gotta be good news for Elon and TSLA.

Edit: Apparently it was. That came out on 12/06, the next day TSLA hit its 52 week high if you take out the "funding secured" day.

7. In my field, I've dealt with many of the "elite" programmers from the FAANG group from the area and they don't impress me. Want them to feel some pain. Except for my good buddies working on Swift, they should be spared.

8. It's kind of strange to be that vindictive about the livelihoods of people you don't even know.

9. It's more like waiting for a reversion to the mean. For the prissy boys.

10. And separately, it makes no sense that house prices should "move" significantly enough to make the news.

#10     Dec 19, 2018