California Highspeed Rail.... cancelled

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Snarkhund, Feb 12, 2019.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

#11     Feb 14, 2019

2. Except you are not doing the project, fucktard. The project was the completion of the rail linked as proposed.

#12     Feb 14, 2019
    elderado likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

#13     Feb 14, 2019
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well, they should be raking the leaves in those forests after all. Serious mismanagement.

#14     Feb 14, 2019
    piezoe and Cuddles like this.

5. He should just declare martial law in California.

Bunch of commie losers and grifters who have just become a northern province of Mexico.

#15     Feb 14, 2019
    elderado likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Everything else aside and strictly from an engineering/economic/scientific pov. .... this is actually a pretty cool read if one has a few minutes. I liked it at least. :D

https://www.hsr.ca.gov/docs/about/business_plans/2018_BusinessPlan.pdf

#16     Feb 14, 2019
    piezoe likes this.

7. I see a section of the plan on "WORKING WITH OUR VALUABLE PARTNERS."

I will have to look at that later to see if the President and the federal government are still considered to be valuable partners if a democrat is not in the White House.

So far it is looking like Jerry Brown is no longer "a valuable partner." Once he left, newsom scrapped a good part of the plan.

I imagine if I read the "Capital Costs" section there is some serious sci fi in there too. They have already invoked sec. 21.6.3a which says just bend over and kiss your arse and the project goodbye.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    #17     Feb 14, 2019
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#18     Feb 14, 2019
  9. Tom B

Tom B

#19     Feb 19, 2019
    elderado and Snarkhund like this.
  10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

...and President Trump finishes off the entire project defunding construction of the small piece that was to be built. Q.E.D.

I am curious though... what happens to the bonds they sold?

#20     Feb 20, 2019