California Governor's budget has surprise: a surplus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

These are all projections. They mean nothing. The cost of Obama care has already doubled from what was first projected.

#11     Jan 10, 2013
  2. I am projecting that I will be the richest person on planet earth by the time I wake up tomorrow IF, I win every lottery in the country.

AK, boy are you a sucker.

#12     Jan 10, 2013
  3. CA will have more revenue from the recent tax increases so a surplus is far more likely then your lottery fantasy John

Winning every lottery in the country wont make you the richest person on the planet idiot

#13     Jan 10, 2013
  4. The last Governor,who was a republican, left a projected 41 billion dollar deficit now its at 2 billion or a surplus.Good job Gov Brown !!!

#14     Jan 10, 2013
  5. Max E.

Max E.

You are obviously trolling, only an idiot would blame california's budget woes on republicans.

#15     Jan 10, 2013
  6. Says the troll who posted this an hour ago

#16     Jan 10, 2013
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

AK, the last governor was working with a 100% democratic legislature. Just sayin...

#17     Jan 10, 2013
    #18     Jan 10, 2013
  9. hughb

hughb

This could come back to bite Brown in the ass in a big way. These expectations are based on increased revenues from prop 30. Brown is making these predictions confidently because prop 30 is retroactive, last year's earnings are being taxed at this new higher rate. The only thing Brown has to go on in figuring the new revenues from prop 30 is the amount of income that was taxed in the previous year. If that income is less this year than last, then Brown's prediction for a surplus will be sunk. Of course, on the other hand, it could even be higher producing even a bigger surplus. My point is that he really doesn't know, and he has made himself vulnerable if this surplus doesn't materialize. Personally, I don't think he made a smart move here.

#19     Jan 11, 2013
  10. Wallet

Wallet

The whole "surplus" thing is a ruse, of course it's bullshit and totally fictional at this point. Regardless, it's an orchestrated attempt by the DNC, California will be the poster-child for their "tax the rich" mantra, and MSM ammo for the upcoming budget talks.

#20     Jan 11, 2013