California dreamin'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Stosh, May 14, 2009.

1. Stosh

Stosh

Where is one of these hotbeds of conservatism? I want to move there. Stosh

#41     May 15, 2009
  2. spinn

spinn

San Diego is conservative........how are they doing?

#42     May 15, 2009
  3. Time to leave cali?

Homes are still so unaffordable, the schools are pathetic, the air sucks for 95 percent of the city. Taxes suck.

Food and weather and women are great. And close to all.

Anything I'm missin?

Plus our cops love to still give beat downs.

#43     May 16, 2009
  4. I have been here for over 10 years and while you can all blame the "democrats", the reality is that RE had the biggest bubble in CA and consequently when it burst YOU FEEL THE PAIN. Not to mention that the dot con bubble was just a decade ago and that weakened the system a lot. CA is still OK and it will come out of this somehow. Note : NO STATE CAN GO BANKRUPT. It won't happen.....

#44     May 16, 2009
  5. Humpy

Humpy

Lets hope the pendulum of change doesn't go too far right.

The religious nuts would have you on your knees praying to a God that doesn't exist while they are grabbing your wallet outa your back trouser pocket ! Molesting the kids too if given half a chance !!

It's hard to know where to turn, when most have failed one way or the other

Barmy Charles Manson type cults - yukkkkkkkkkk

If anyone has any better alternatives let me know for one, maybe some others would be interested too

Just maybe the sleazy, inefficient system we got now is about the best one can hope for cos most of the alternatives are a whole lot worse imho

#45     May 16, 2009
  6. Banjo

Banjo

7. dcvtss

dcvtss

#47     May 16, 2009
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Pure democracy, with no criteria to establish suffrage except age and citizenship, is, of course, nonsense, though it is common. Unfortunately, the logical criteria: education

I disagree, the logical criterion to vote should be that you are a producer:

1. You are a legal citizen
    2. You support yourself and all your kids and in no manner did your support come directly from the government. This includes all civil servants and state university employees. I would make an exception for military since although the government pays them, it also has control over them and enforces discipline, much unlike a SSI recipient.

The problem is that people are voting themselves money, stupidy is secondary.

#48     May 16, 2009
  9. Stosh

Stosh

Interesting.....thanks for the link. I googled and found that their governor, one senator, and both representatives are Democrats. That is not conclusive, but might imply that it is currently not a hotbed of conservatism. Stosh

#49     May 16, 2009
  10. Mav88

Mav88

#50     May 16, 2009