California becoming a part of mexico?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jbtrader23, Sep 23, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

:confused: .... HUH??? can you elaborate and please forgive my ignorance....

#11     Sep 30, 2003
  2. Okay, I can see where I might have caused a bit of confusion.

I meant it would be a big blunder for Californian (USA) Mexicans to favor secession from the USA.

Does that help?

#12     Sep 30, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes....Thank you and I agree....

#13     Sep 30, 2003
  4. Well, if it does... I'm moving back to California...

California Chicagoan...

Chicago Californian...

What ever...

#14     Sep 30, 2003
  5. No offense taken, Cohiba!:D

Even with an inferior yet free inner city educational system, and with hugely subsidized housing, my ass would sure rather be drivin' my Bentley in Philly than fighting a tribal war in Senegal. Thank you 18th century slave traders!!

#15     Sep 30, 2003
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Could this be a coincidence or am I whooping ur ass in ET Fantasy Football League???

#16     Sep 30, 2003
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Sunday will tell......................

#17     Sep 30, 2003
  8. .......................Bro!!:D

#18     Sep 30, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

Breeding Briskets...... Game Time......

p.s. Jeff Garcia???...u best come at me harder then that....

#19     Sep 30, 2003
  10. I have always felt the immigration issue is a major double standard. Publicly, the bureaucrats denounce it when they have nothing to gain from the Latino community, and/or support it when the majority of their constituents are Hispanic. But the bottomline is that one of the main reasons why factories, restaurants, contractors, etc, etc can turn a profit is because they literally have employees who will work hard, at lower wages, without many of the fringe benefits that are mandated by law. So, the entire system is so dependent on cheap and readily available laborers and without this we would probably see serious price inflation in many of those different sectors of the economy.

There is really no quick fix solution anymore. I think that after the massive waves of immigration into this country over the past twenty years, our economy is very dependent upon the labor provided by immigrants and their discretionary spending. To me, its really our systems' "dirty little secret" that no politician or bureaucrat has the guts to admit...

#20     Sep 30, 2003