Calendar for oil news?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by hjkl, Aug 17, 2005.

1. hjkl

hjkl

Is there a calendar / schedule for oil-related news such as inventory? Having been caught by the spike this morning:mad: , I would like to prevent this from happening again by knowing about the schedule beforehand. Thank you.

2. Every Wednesday at 10:30 am. They will occasionally move it around if that Wednesday is a holiday.

Check the EIA website for details.

Also, be somewhat aware every Thursday at 10:30 am for the natural gas inventory report. This will sometimes move the oil market.

3. jim c

jim c

Ive seen the oil # come out every wednesday @ 9:30 Chicago time. You should get an economic calendar. The one i get from Barrons (online) is free and it has the Oil # on there. Hope this helps.

4. http://mam.econoday.com

5. Yes...as the others have said...

Follow any economic calendar (lots posted freely all over the internet) to remind yourself that Wednesday's at 1030am est is the EIA Petroleum Report.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/b-econoday.htm

However, there are many online calendars that doesn't list that as a key report to follow :p

http://biz.yahoo.com/c/e.html

Those sites are blind as a bat and probably managed by non-traders.

Also, don't forget Thursdays's at 1030am est because thats the Natural GAS report...

However...I think tomorrow's release is at 2pm est.

Many traders are completely unaware of that one.

However, more often than not it doesn't have a reaction like the Crude report.

Take a look at the Eminis price reaction at 1030am est for the past Wednesdays and Thursdays.

I like to look for trade signals near those release times (between 1015am - 1100am est) on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

If I don't get a trade signal...I'm on the sidelines because its one of the worst times to be trading if you lack discipline or trading without a trading plan.

Now...the next time someone post a question at ET about what leads the Eminis or Eurex...

Just reply back with a link to an Economic Calendar :D

NihabaAshi

6. hjkl

hjkl

Thank you all.

I would like to ask one more thing. Some eco. news seems to have little impact in the market, while others may change the market direction instantly. Is there a method of knowing beforehand what news is crucial and what is less so? Thanks so much.

7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Does anyone have a good resource for oil inventory consensus numbers? I know the time the actual numbers come out and would like to know the consensus numbers. Sometimes, briefing.com has it on their live in play, but not always.

Thanks,

Cash

8. CNBC and Bloomberg deliver inventories data every Wednesday, as soon as they are released.

Bloomberg is the most reliable of the two.

9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Actually, I'm looking to get the consensus numbers BEFORE the actual numbers.