Calculating options OI?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by gdanov, Jan 23, 2021.

1. gdanov

gdanov

Hi, I subscribed for ActiveTick where I get options tick data with trade conditions values. Can I calculate open interest out of this?

Would be grateful if someone can point me to description of the trade conditions for beginners. Went to the CTA spec but it's bit cryptic to me at this point.

2. ajacobson

ajacobson

Open customer/Net Market Maker and it would be very very difficult to calculate yourself as MM don't submit open/close data OCC just nets it. There may be more on the OCC site.

Atikon likes this.
  3. zenlot likes this.
  4. gdanov

gdanov

thank you. I did not expect to find this for free from the authoritative source :) any idea when exactly the data is updated? Is it closer to next session open or rather shortly after the last session is closed?

5. gdanov

gdanov

I was hoping I could calculate it from the flags, but apparently the flags I see are only "regular" "TradeConditionMarketCenterClosing" and "TradeConditionCross"

6. ajacobson

ajacobson

OCC updates once a day. Forget the usual time, but it used to be late PM or early AM. Again check the site. If it was only customer data it could get closer to real-time.

stochastix and Atikon like this.