Calc Pivots Using RTH or Full Session Prices??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BobbyMurcerFan, Mar 16, 2004.

1. prox

prox

Regular day session hours H+L+C /3 is the only one you need to use..

I've spent months comparing all the other variations including afternoon recalculations. When you're looking too hard, you could throw any number up there and some sort of reaction confirmation will probably occur there.

#11     Mar 16, 2004
  2. Hi Bobby,

I'll basically repeat what the others have said and take it a step further.

You have tons of traders watching pivot point calculations.

However, I recommend you explore them if your entry signals occurs at/near pivot points and/or explore them as profit targets.

Also, don't forget about those mid-points between the s/r levles like (R2+R1)/2

Something else to think about...if you want to catch a big trend here and there...you may have to use pivot points based on more trading days than just the prior day info.

I also recommend you start monitoring intraday Japanese Candlesticks wide range body candlesticks...

Those in my opinion provide more info than pivot points...

In fact, candlesticks have their own s/r levels.

I use them both...pivot points and candlestick s/r levels for profit targets instead of looking at them for entry signal confirmation.

Your just going to have to play around with them and find a method of using them that fits well with your trading methodology...

took me about a year to use them in a way I felt comfortable.

P.S. Check out dbphoenix thread on Price and Volume. Some good info there that can be used as building blocks as you begin exploring pivot points...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29005

I recommend it for any beginner into price action and volume analysis.

NihabaAshi

#12     Mar 16, 2004
  3. 3dog

3dog

#13     Mar 16, 2004