Cal you imagine SET damage to naked calls ???

Discussion in 'Options' started by IV_Trader, Sep 18, 2008.

1. I'm saying once a lifetime not on the o/n move xflat but a once a lifetime divergance of SET value from opening spot. SET at 1279 was 19 points above the opening high!!

#21     Sep 19, 2008
  2. I don't trade the SPX and haven't dealt with SET

#22     Sep 19, 2008
  3. kotika

kotika

> "most options expire worthless = risk free money"

I was short 1275 puts, so for me the theory still rules.

#23     Sep 20, 2008
  4. unclosed long 0.01 contracts on QQQQ and IWM did great work for me today. They had no bid before, so I could not close them. I could not believe my eyes today! Unfortunately, I had only a small number of them.

Wings is indeed a good name for them, as I could feel flying with them in today's high winds.

#24     Sep 20, 2008

5. Its not once in a lifetime. Those dates that I mentioned all had settlement values significantly above the high print on the screen and the opening prints you see.

#25     Sep 20, 2008
  6. Thanks I'll look them up. I've seen quite a few 5-7 points but I'd never seen anything like 20, although given that huge opening spike in futures this wasn't TRULY as obscene as it looks if one only looks at the cash value.

#26     Sep 20, 2008

7. Wait no longer…From AUG08 handle: “and statistically as i remember 90% of options is expired worthless or closed before expired, right ?”

In this case he is just asking…but it just a matter of time until next new handle will be advocating same nonsense

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137538&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

#27     Sep 20, 2008
  8. Hi AZ,

No one.
    But why would anyone ever bet against it?

Mark

#28     Sep 20, 2008
  9. I don't see why. Rookies love to buy/sell options first and ask questions later.

#29     Sep 20, 2008