Cain Says Christie Is Too Liberal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 2, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

I think these are the reasons Christie isn't running.

Cain told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" that the New Jersey governor is too liberal to run as a Republican for president because of past policies on immigration, assault weapons, civil unions and global warming.

"I believe that a lot of conservatives, once they know his positions on those things you delineated, they will not be able to support him," Cain said. "I think that that is absolutely a liability to him, if he gets in the race."

"Most of the conservatives believe we should enforce our borders. They do not believe people should be here without documentation. They don't not believe global warming is a crisis or a threat," Cain added. "Yes it might be a little bit out there, but they don’t see it as a crisis or a threat. And as you go right down the line, he’s going to turn off a lot of conservatives with those positions."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/1011/Cain_Christie_too_liberal.html

Personally, I see the contenders in this order of my preference.

President:
    1. Romney
    2. Cain
    3. Perry
    4. Santorum

Vice-President
    1. Rubio
    2. Kasich
    3. Christie

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'm not sure that running Godfather's pizza qualifies someone to lead 350 million people.

He said himself he isn't even sure exactly where Iran is.

3. pspr

pspr

Obama didn't know where Mexico was! :D

Cain didn't just run a pizza store. He turned it around with hundreds of stores. He was tasked with that job (before he bought it) because he did the same with some other subsidiary he was charged with (I don't recall the specifics). I think he is qualified from a business stand point and I think he is smart enough to get a good handle on other aspects of being President.

Remember - ABO!

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yes, ABO.

Its just that the media that is trying to pick the republican candidate for us and is encouraging these folks to tear each other apart in the debates is the same biased media that put Obama into the Whitehouse. They are loving the chaos that is being fomented here and will definitely back whomever they believe cannot win.

I could accept Perry's shortfalls. I could accept Christie's shortfalls. I personally think immigration needs rethinking and evidently so do both of these men. Either has sufficient leadership experience to run the country. I don't think Cain has that experience, he is a spreadsheet maven, not a world leader.

This isn't the time for on-the-job-training. We need somebody ready to run right out of the gate.

5. pspr

pspr

Hey, if you could come around to voting for Ron Paul, Cain shouldn't me much of a leap.

Perry has some baggage that really bothers me. That's why I've move Cain past him. Santorum hasn't shown me anything outside the box so Cain moves ahead of him too.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Has Christie even established positions on all of those items Cain is talking about?

In the speech at the Reagan Library, he is asked a question about immigration and schools, and he clearly states that illegal immigrants have no place in using public services. Was quite conservative to me.

7. pspr

pspr

He also said:
    While U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, Gov. Christie said: "Being in this country without proper documentation is not a crime. The whole phrase of 'illegal immigrant' connotes that the person, by just being here, is committing a crime…. Don't let people make you believe that that's a crime that the U.S. Attorney's Office should be doing something about," he added of entering the country illegally. It is not.... "If there are people out there committing crimes, they should be dealt with... If there are undocumented people running around, then Immigration and Customs Enforcement should do their jobs."

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/action/chris-christie.html

8. Based on his previous statements i really do not trust him on immigration issues. he would have to be really clear on everything but he is not running.
    1/Cain
    2/Romney
    3/nobody else comes close to these two

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This sounds like he is saying that we have a federal organization responsible for policing illegal immigration, and policing it on the state level is not a priority. I would agree with this statement.

However, when the federal government fails to do it's job, there is no alternative to handling it but through the states.

10. pspr

pspr

The anti-illegal alien group that I proved the link to has several quotes from Christie about immigration. They gave him a grade of "F" on immigration.

#10     Oct 2, 2011