CAIA Program

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dabao91, Mar 23, 2007.

1. it wont help your trading, but you will know a lot more about alternative investments, and going forward you will have access to cutting edge research/articles in this space.

it wont help you to get a job unless you already have solid work experience. having CAIA after your last name might help you land an interview, but what you do there is more about your personal skills and work experience, than anything else.

why do it? I did it for personal growth, found the material to be quite interesting, especially level 2, and also for networking opportunities.

Exacly the same could be said of the CFA. For me personally I found the material in CAIA to be much more interesting, most of the CFA materials are covered in business school undergrad and certainly grad.

#11     Apr 9, 2007
  2. The previous post sums up the reasoning for taking the CAIA exams quite nicely. There is still a rather small number of CAIA's and the networking opportunities it provides are great for advancing your career. The material is interesting and it is easy to study for because the material is not quite as dull as that of the CFA.

#12     Apr 9, 2007
  3. I just passed Level1, used uppermark software.

Anson's book is very insightful, worth reading.

I am going to take level II this sept.

#13     Apr 9, 2007