Caffeine addiction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by a529612, Jul 31, 2006.

1. toduar

toduar

Hey nitro,
    I know where you are coming from. I used to be a hard core caffeine abuser for years. I couldnt function without it but I think my nervous sysstem started rejecting it. it made me insane.
    I started drinking Mate'... Problem solved.
    completely different buzz:

http://www.pixiemate.com/

:D

#41     Aug 6, 2006
  2. Grey Goose and club soda is usually my drink of choice - however, my problem exists in that I tend to over do it (yes, when I party, the last thing on my mind is discipline - I have to be disciplined enough as it is). Because it is so filling, beer helps in limiting my alcohol intake - but it does have a lot of impurities. Beer/wine hangovers are the worst IMO, espescially wine (too much sugar).

What is a rail drink?

Mike

A vodka (good quality vodka) hangover just makes me tired and sleepy - hence the caffiene addiction.

#42     Aug 7, 2006
  3. Nordic

Nordic

That is if you can find your way home.

:D

#43     Aug 7, 2006
  4. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

You don't specify the brand when ordering a rail drink.

Vodka/Tonic vs. Absolute/Tonic.

Cheap alcohol ..

#44     Aug 7, 2006
  5. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

Bah! You sound like an old man already! If you really want to limit your intake of alcohol, try drinking beer with straw!
    You don't need pills! The main problem with dehydration from liquor/coffee (mainly liquor) is that it flushes out the electrolytes in your body. Drinking just plain water isn't good enough and if you're low on electrolytes, that new water will flush right through you and not get absorbed. Drinking TOO much water has been a growing problem. It causes hyponatremia which can lead to death! A growing numbers of athlete, primarily runners for some strange reason, have been dropping dead from drinking too much and not taking in enough electrolytes. The body can't regulate water as a result and you end up with brain-swelling and eventual coma.

I just did a 62-mile (metric-century) bike-ride from the north end of Goleta down past Carp and back to UCSB. I can tell you that this workout beats you up more than any amount of partying or drinking or coffee. What saved my *ss and helped me recover tremendously was double-strength Gatorade & Cytomax. Really works great for hangovers too! :)

#45     Aug 7, 2006
  6. Perhaps this is strange, but I work off all my hang overs by running the next morning. I wake up feeling like shit but after I go running I'm not hung over anymore and actually, my best work outs are after the longest nights of drinking...

#46     Aug 7, 2006
  7. well that's because you're a girl (apparently) and you probably only have 2 drinks

#47     Aug 7, 2006
  8. :D :D :D
    Depends whether you mean a "heads going to explode" type hangover or not......running is not an option.

#48     Aug 7, 2006
  9. I have a small tolerance for alcohol and I’m talking about the kind of hangover I get when I have 5-6 shots of vodka and still get up 6 hours later and run.

#49     Aug 7, 2006
  10. Oh, you mean "normal":)
    Guess we shouldnt be too amused at someone actually being sensible.
    :cool:

#50     Aug 7, 2006