Caffeinated thoughts from a full-time software developer/part-time trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by krugman25, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

It's not Thursday but I thought I would do a little bit of a throwback. The first picture is a dating pic that I am guessing is from about 12 years ago. The other one is from a wedding we went to yesterday.

My wife and I did what I call the "reverse honeymoon". Our first few years of marriage were rough. We are both headstrong and prone to fighting. But just as heated our fights were, we were to that same degree madly in love. Over the years, we have learned to give and take, learned to be patient and have finally begun our honeymoon. We are many factors more in love than when we first married and rarely fight or even raise our voices at each other. God has been good to us.

On the day we were married we had a very short wedding. Went home to our newly purchased house. Played a game of Monopoly and headed to bed early since I had to get up the next morning at 5AM to go to my miserable factory job, and her to her job. When we married we were broke as a joke. Drowning in massive debt that we had accumulated both before and during our first few years of marriage. 50 cent box of macaroni and hot dogs were on the dinner menu pretty much every night of the week. This went on for years and years. We learned to stretch a dollar and appreciate the value of a dollar. We learned that our value is in who we are, not what we have.

I don't know why I am getting into all of this right now. What I do know is if you don't know where you came from, how can you get to where you are going? Never stop introspecting and retrospecting.

AaronAshleyDating.jpg
    AaronAshleyWedding.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2019
    #31     Sep 1, 2019
  2. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Inter-Market Correlations

upload_2019-9-1_21-27-27.png

#32     Sep 1, 2019
  3. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

I have wanted to start positioning for a macro play that will see crypto, gold and silver parabolically rise. I will likely start building a junior miner position. On the crypto side, I am thinking about making a steady weekly purchase. There would be no attempt to trade it technically, just arbitrarily buy on schedule until I have accumulated whatever amount I feel comfortable with. I have had an account with coinbase for quite a while. I can set up daily or weekly purchases.

I have landed on ETH as the coin of choice since it has the same "store of value" attraction as BTC but it also has a lot more technical utility. I have studied "ETH 2.0" and find it very appealing. Overall I think it holds some of the most potential in the crypto space.

#33     Sep 1, 2019
  4. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

I am considering opening a short MES position to neutralize some of my long delta's and maybe even go portfolio negative delta. Things are looking a little shaky up here, and the little bearish pin bar that formed on Friday that is not giving me warm and fuzzies.

#34     Sep 2, 2019
  5. Sprout

Sprout

On a simple economic comparison, BTC has a hard cap of supply ETH does not.

Have you read the ‘Bitcoin Standard’ or ‘The Philosophical Teachings of Bitcoin’ ?

‘Everyone’s a Scammer’ by Michael Goldstein is also very insightful.

#35     Sep 2, 2019
  6. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

ETH 2.0 will be an almost complete cap on supply, which will be in full effect by 2022.

#36     Sep 2, 2019
  7. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Where there is a will there is a way

I am working on building a video game (personal project). I bought 3d assets from Unity's asset store. I have had the challenge of figuring out how to get the .prefab character models into my game engine. I am just about there. I had to import the unity package into Unity. Export to my computer as .prefab file. Import into my game engine. Export that as a .obj file. Use a program called FBX Converter to convert the .obj file into a .fbx file. Import the .fbx file into Blender. Take the .fbx mesh and split it into individual body parts. Export each body part as a separate .fbx file. That's where I am at right now and about ready to call it a night. I hope the texture files will still work correctly after doing all of this.

I just realized how rusty I am with Blender. Took me 10 minutes to do something I used to be able to do in 10 seconds.

upload_2019-9-2_20-56-46.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
    #37     Sep 2, 2019
  8. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

#38     Sep 3, 2019
  9. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

And speaking of brewing, I need me another hot pot of coffee ☕

#39     Sep 3, 2019
  10. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Added short delta's to my portfolio this morning. Immediatly regretted it. 15 minutes later, so glad it's there.

There is some technical bullishness, but in macro world, it's all hanging on by a thread. So the protective short delta stays on for now.

#40     Sep 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.