Cable/DSL Dual Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sarasota, Dec 20, 2003.

1. I'm working with Tech support from the Twin Wan manufacturer. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution.

#31     Jan 26, 2004

2. This will not help and this is why:

1. Your quote provider (in your case eSignal) will let you log in only from ONE location/connection - This is among other things to prevent from two people using one subscription.

2. When you lose connection it may take a while for the server (eSignal server) you are connected to, to realize you are not connected anymore and kill the connection. The amount of time depends on the server configuration - It may vary depending on the lag they allow, etc.

3. Only after your connection was terminated you may reconnect with your other ISP.

You must realize that as far as eSignal concerned those are two totally different location/connections and they will not allow to both of them to be connected at the same time with your single subscription.

TM Trader

#32     Jan 26, 2004
  3. Esignal could detect the failover case and test the other connection, log it out, and allow the connection with the new IP more or less instantly.

#33     Jan 26, 2004
  4. ESignal probably could, however, it doesn't appear that they will.
    It would appear to me that I'm not the only person who would want to have system redundancy, and I have pretty good cable service, yet on those occurrences when it goes down, things can get pretty harried.

#34     Jan 26, 2004