Cabbies...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SWINGTRADER77, Dec 27, 2010.

1. " C

#11     Dec 27, 2010
  2. " credit cards" i call them " debt cards"

#12     Dec 27, 2010
  3. cash is king after all

#13     Dec 27, 2010
  4. #14     Dec 28, 2010
  5. I've been in quite a few cabs in my life.

Most expensive cab ride? Amsterdam. 55 euros($67 in 2004) for a 10 minute ride. The taxi was a late model BMW and by looking at the driver, I could tell he was doing really well as he was wearing expensive clothes.

Cheapest cab ride? Philippines. 100 pesos($2 in 2007) for a 10 minute ride. Taxi was a beat up old toyota and my looking at the driver, I could tell he was struggling to survive as he was toothless and looked like he hadnt changed clothes in 3 days.

#15     Dec 28, 2010
  6. Sounds like Swingtrader was born yesterday but has all the brains. [​IMG]

#16     Dec 28, 2010
  7. Subway cabbies who go to airport do well. Those who drive around town not so well

#17     Dec 28, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Cab rides are one of the most overvalued service.

I will never understand people who take cabs instead of the metro in major cities. First with 4 cab rides you can buy a 1 month cta card( Chicago ) and second if you are going somewhere downtown, it's actually faster to take the metro because of traffic...:confused:

#18     Dec 28, 2010
  9. Alot of people that take cabs are from out of town. I dont know about you, but I dont like trying to figure out what bus to take and where to get off and what bus to transfer to to get to my destination. Also, not everyone travels alone. When you have 3 or 4 people with you, taking a cab is on par with the metro, plus you get dropped off at the door.

#19     Dec 28, 2010
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

That's a valid one, although it's still more expensive than the metro IMO. I guess I am just tired of people who automatically stop a cab to do any travel. In my experience, the real reason behind it is they don't want to be with "average" people in public transportation.

#20     Dec 29, 2010