CA will now require a woman on public company board

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RedDuke, Sep 30, 2018.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. exGOPer

exGOPer

And who decides that? Other white men on the board?

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

easy fix, make the companies private or re-incorporate elsewhere

UsualName and DTB2 like this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

I thought about that since most companies are Delaware corporations.
    Doesn't matter. From the actual bill:

301.3. (a) No later than the close of the 2019 calendar year, a publicly held domestic or foreign corporation whose principal executive offices, according to the corporation’s SEC 10-K form, are located in California shall have a minimum of one female director on its board. A corporation may increase the number of directors on its board to comply with this section.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB826

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Move principal office? Or find a woman worthy to comply....I don't really like shit like this being forced though. You're going to end up inflating the price for worthy candidates and will end up w/uneven wages for same positions across the board(s) by gender. That, or end up w/unqualified people in cabinet positions.

Why aren't feminists concerned w/the number of brick layers being equal across genders?

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Kind of a slap in the face to women in a way. Now aside from the ones already grandfathered in so to speak, all new ones will never really know if they are there for their own merit or because of Moonbeam's new mandate.

Optionpro007 likes this.
  7. California is trying to ensure representation of both genders.

That is sooooooo yesterday.

What about the other six or seven genders there in CA?

See what I'm sayin?

traderob, Optionpro007 and Arnie like this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Wonder how much they'll pony up to get Ms. Blasey Ford... she'll be quite the catch now.

traderob likes this.
  9. exGOPer

exGOPer

LOL, how long have you guys been in this field? There is nothing but corruption, cronyism, fratboys and ass-kissing morons, merit is as rare as finding the gspot.

#10     Sep 30, 2018