CA liberal idea of "living within our means"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 29, 2009.

1. "Recently the Budget Conference Committee Chairwoman Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa), made a statement nearing the end of the June 16th Budget Conference Committee session that floored even diehard Californians used to the spewing of the liberal elitists in charge.

She said:

"Well, there is this mantra out there ‘live within our means’, and while that sounds really nice, it sounds really simple, and it sounds really responsible, its meaningless. Our means are completely within our control. And, as has been pointed out by numerous people, we have just recently given away huge corporate subsidies in February, we have given away other tax reductions over many many years we’ve created new tax loopholes, in good times we routinely give away taxes, and then in lean times we never replace those tax deductions or close those loopholes. We continuously borrow, which is an enormous cost that we shift on into future years, and we find ourselves now with a deficit that — an ongoing structural deficit that we simply can’t close. So, ‘live within our means’ doesn’t mean anything. The fact is, we have a state that has a population that have needs, that we have a moral obligation to provide."

2. Obviously posted by someone that doesn't even live in the State of California.

Yawn.

3. And your point?

4. Nothing that happens in the State of California effects you personally.

Or are you just trying to generate more web "activity" as a
    "prop" poster for ET since it is almost month end?

Nothing like "marking-up" web-hits
    for Baron as the month comes to a close, eh?

Do you get a bonus for that???
    :p

5. Barney Frank wants to bail CA out. Something tells me that might effect me.

How about you tell me what the hell this woman is talking about? You seem to be in touch with the emotional-touchy-feely liberal mindset!?

By the way, Baron tells me for every reply I get from you I get an extra $382! And if I get you to ask me how old I am and if I even trade, I get a big bonus!

6. That's funny, you didn't seem very upset when your beloved George Bush "loaned" $17.6 BILLION to GM and Chrysler last December.

At least California has an economy that ranks it as one of the most productive economies in the world, based on $1.7 Trillion in 2006. Last time I checked, that would rank it as #10 in the world if it was a Country.

As for GM and Chrysler . . . all they do is lose money. But then again, Bush always did have a penchant for throwing away taxpayer money. How many times did he use his veto pen again?

7. I don't recall having that conversation with you. And just for your information, I never voted for Bush Sr or Jr.

SO, why do you keep trying to switch the topic?

8. Liar.

9. Noreen Evans is not representative of voter sentiment in this State.

She doesn't have one single ounce of common business sense and has made a living off of suing people.

She is an attorney that has consistently voted for legislation that increases litigation volumes and costs. The law office that she is a partner in emphasizes civil appeals and litigation.
    She's married to an attorney.

Enough said.