CA Governor Schwarzenegger Looks to Illegal Drugs for Tax Revenue

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 7, 2009.

1. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

#11     May 7, 2009
  2. #12     May 7, 2009
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Why? It should be taxed just the same as any other product. Since when do other people's pleasures become the public's personal piggy bank?

#13     May 7, 2009
  4. Thank you!. The smartest post yet.

#14     May 7, 2009
  5. Well, perhaps it should be taxed a little higher to offset the costs to the health care system. Not that those costs are very high. Nor is there a health care system in the States.

#15     May 7, 2009
  6. Look at that. In 14 posts the tenor of the thread has gone from "Illegal narcotics." To a small debate on how, if at all it should taxed. The fight is over..it's done.

:D

#16     May 7, 2009
  7. What are the costs to the healthcare system? That's bullshit. Show me a negative health effect that comes from consumption of cannibinoids and not from tar itself. If you eat marijuana, or vaporize it, there are no negative health effects.

#17     May 7, 2009
  8. yeah if the wanna discourage the use, they should tax it. before long that $50/oz tax will be $500 & rastas will be switching to oregano & other cheap condiments.

I wonder how they will handle home plants - personal use growing permit, $500 per year?

#18     May 7, 2009
  9. munchies = obesity?:D

#19     May 7, 2009
  10. Why would someone pay say a 25% mark up, on a product who's cost is derived from its weight and quantity, where the underground distribution networks are already well established . It would probably get more drug dealers in the game since now the punishment is nonexistent, except the tax-fraud, which i doubt tyrone, selling dimebags on the street corner, would worry about.

#20     May 7, 2009