CA bans Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 5, 2008.

1. I started a thread called incest or gay marriage? Do you support the "right" of fathers to marry their adult daughters?

#21     Nov 5, 2008
  2. hughb

hughb

When the "right" of fathers to marry their daughters becomes an issue, I'll give you my opinion on it. Why would you want my opinion on somethng that isn't an issue? The truth is you don't. You would like for me to say, "HELL YEAH, DADS AND DAUGHTERS MARRY NOW!" It's got nothing to do with same sex marriage, and it's got nothing to do with this thread. It's got everything to do with you creating a red herring.

#22     Nov 5, 2008
  3. jem

jem

Interesting - because I live in North County San Diego and the only people I knew who were against prop 8 are school teachers gays and a few liberals. But not even all liberals.

The support for prop 8 was overwhelming. If you drove through encinitas and Carlsbad on el camino -- at most of the intersections the past week you saw a large crowd of of yes on 8 signs.

at first there were some no on 8 demonstrators too -- but they were overwhelmed and seemed to not show the last two days.

The no on 8 crowd was rather mangy. anti establishment loser types who looked like they could not hold down a job. (on the whole - there were a few exceptions) I thought to myself - the yes on 8 people should just leave as the no on 8 crowd was probably doing themselves damage. (at least in Carlsbad)

The well dressed good looking gay guys did not even care enough to take the drive up here from hillcrest.

#23     Nov 5, 2008
  4. Caveat at the outset: I am a married heterosexual in a different state and don't have a dog in this fight in any way, shape or form.

I am curious, if someone who has undergone gender modification wishes to marry, does the ban apply to him/her as well? For example, a man who "becomes" a woman, via surgery, hormones, legal name change, etc. seeks to marry a natural born man, what does the law say?

#24     Nov 5, 2008
  5. slippery slope my ass. No one is going to suddenly clamor to be wed to their dog or their daughter, and they would be fucking them married or not, and the fabric of society would not be any more or less unwoven that it currently is.

You cling to a faulty intellectual sounding excuse because gay people make you feel uncomfortable. Get real.

Are you really thinking about slippery slopes when you vote to keep people from having the same rights you do? Or some gross image of two men kissing or the flamer making a scene in starbucks?

#25     Nov 5, 2008
  6. How is it a red herring? If legislation is passed allowing same-sex marriage and then I'm denied a license for me and my mom then I'm going to sue. "Equal access, equal rights, any two consenting adults" means EVERYONE not just gays or straights.

#26     Nov 5, 2008
  7. The great stand up Republican is going to frivolously sue the system when he can't marry his mom?

First of all....fucking yuck!

Second....OMG.

#27     Nov 5, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Have you seen his mom?

:)

#28     Nov 5, 2008
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

It's a red herring because you're not suing for that "right" now, regardless of same-sex marriage. It's a red herring because our anti-incest laws are not based on sexual orientation. You have no more right to marry your dad than to marry your mom. Brother-on-sister love is no more acceptable than brother-on-brother, or uncle-on-nephew.

#29     Nov 5, 2008
  10. Doc, I've been a motherfucker for years! My mom says I was going down on her by my second trimester. We enjoyed some weird foreplay. Ya know how I got the nickname Pabst? Ma used to to play with herself with a bottle of PBR and then she'd douche with the beer. I'd gladly suck it up-while still in the womb. She said as a fetus I'd get whiskey dick. After I was born we had to keep our relationship in the closet. That was fine as a toddler but by the time I hit puberty that closet was way friggin' small.

All these weird Christians FROWN on our unique love. Judgmental fucks.

As an adult I thought for sure society would recognize the contribution us motherfuckers make to popular culture and allow us to live our lives in dignity. While gays are getting the marriage deduction how are motherfuckers treated by Uncle Sam? With the estate tax! I too am a human who should have equal rights. Just because my actions are gross, sick, unnatural and don't involve anal penetration doesn't make me any less a person than married gays.

#30     Nov 5, 2008