C2 strategies comments

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bbpp, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

This rally put them back to at least breakeven...

#71     Jul 7, 2017
  2. It's a little hard to use C2 performance to answer a direct question about a period when we weren't on C2 - I provided my results, not sure what more I can do.

Don't disagree, it has been a good few months since November, but then I've been trading this for a fair few years now and results have been good for me in all conditions, long and short.

We make no promises, we are clear that we do see drawdown and maybe more drawdown than some would like at times, but we are open about that and feel that you make your own choices on scaling risk and reward. Personally I trade at a level where I accept 50% DD to increase returns, but we scale C2 down in an attempt to keep the risk level lower than that. But as I say, nobody is making promises either way.

#72     Jul 15, 2017

3. In the last months we faced some spikes in the volatility and I think that now, after the first 12 months of the strategy in C2, it could be a good timing for you to revisit VIXTrader Professional performance and tell me what you do think.

#73     Sep 29, 2017
  4. Collagen

Collagen

Volatility is at the lowest value in all its history... I guess we have a different idea of what is a spike.

#74     Oct 6, 2017
  5. Spike= VXX go up minimum 10% during the day..

#75     Oct 6, 2017
  6. RandBots

RandBots

There is now an R Option Mini for smaller accounts, you still need the necessary margin to short naked options

#76     Oct 12, 2017
  7. QFund

QFund

Fish is still alive and kicking after 7 months :) Hopefully you can judge the system better now since it has a decent sample size of trades

#77     Nov 30, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Man, did I pick a good one! Of course the system only goes long in a bull market, so what are we expecting then ka-ching???

#78     Nov 30, 2017
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I have more than a dozen systems on my watch list. Except one they are all heavily in the red for the 1 month time frame, some of them blown up. That tells a lot about the "everyone is a genius in a bull market" adage. So even a diversification among 5+ systems would have caused a portfolio loss.

The only one nicely in the green (37% 30 days return) is 4QTiming FutNQ. Up 16% for February.

#79     Feb 6, 2018
  10. QFund

QFund

Am still out there:) sure we had some losing trades because of choppy market few days before the market turned. But thats part of the game. and the max drawdown is still from last year - not to say that wont happen now - nobody knows

#80     Feb 6, 2018