C++ ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Sky123987, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ssmegner

ssmegner

There is nothing wrong with C++. Most ISVs ship their apps built solely on C++. Visual C++ just means that you have a visual design studio so that what you see at design time is what you see at run time. MFC is one of several frameworks used to build visual apps. Moving to .NET you could continue to use MFC or choose WinForms, WebForms or WPF. Java has their own frameworks for use in the Java tools and runtime.

#11     Aug 27, 2008
  2. Thank you for this link, however I must say I cannot understand what to do into order to include these .dll's w/ the project. Would someone be able to explain this in idiot terms for me :)

Thanks

#12     Aug 27, 2008
  3. bidask

bidask

ha! another c++ pumper spreading their lies, damed lies, and statistics! :)

#13     Aug 28, 2008
  4. ssmegner

ssmegner

It is a well known fact that 83.7% of all statistics are made up.

#14     Aug 30, 2008
  5. skye,

you just need to include whatever versions of MFC dlls your application uses along with your application (eg in the same directory your app is installed).

eg from the link I sent you:

"All MFC DLLs use the shared version of the C run-time library (CRT); therefore, Msvcr90.dll is required."

So you would want to include Msvcr90.dll at minimum. The article also mentions that all MFC apps use dll Mfc90.dll as well. Read the article and if you are using anything else in there, include it.

The other way to figure out what you're using is download/install depends.exe from the web... it will tell you all the dlls an EXE depends on. Build your applciation, then run depends.exe on it and look for all the dlls that start with mfc and include them.

#15     Aug 30, 2008