C

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by a529612, Nov 26, 2007.

1. bgp

bgp

i hope cashmoney only bought on paper ? :confused:

bgp

#51     Dec 11, 2007
  2. His street cred:

"His responsibilities now include U.S. and international consumer-banking -- businesses he has never managed. "

#52     Dec 11, 2007
  3. Starting to wish that were true.

#53     Dec 11, 2007
  4. Citi is a tremendous buy at the open tomorrow.

#54     Dec 11, 2007
  5. bgp

bgp

maybe for 45 cents ?

bgp

#55     Dec 11, 2007
  6. Dec. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Citigroup Inc.'s appointment of former Morgan Stanley President Vikram Pandit was the world's biggest business story for 84 seconds.

The largest U.S. bank formally announced the decision at 2:15:01 p.m. in New York, ending two months of speculation about who would replace Charles O. Prince. The news was overshadowed at 2:16:25 p.m., when the Federal Reserve cut its benchmark lending rate by a quarter-point and sparked the steepest stock market sell-off in a month.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=axlApESqZxtU&refer=home

#56     Dec 12, 2007
  7. Does his past experiences in Morgan Stanley hold any water at all?

#57     Dec 12, 2007
  8. Keep selling all the C you want, I'll take it all.

Good Luck!

#58     Dec 12, 2007
  9. bgp

bgp

and at what price will you concede ?:confused:

bgp

#59     Dec 12, 2007
  10. Concede what?

If you think C is going out of business you're an idiot or know little to nothing about value investing. I know this site is about trading, but a trader that thinks they're going to make all their fortune through pure trading is only fooling themselves, or just a sadist that likes making things harder than they have to be (a lot here choose to pursue the latter). I'll buy a distressed company like C anyday and just protect the position through the options markets. As a company, C will be on this planet in some form or fashion a lot longer than you and I will be my friend.

Go ahead and short it, you'll probably make a little money down to $30 or so.

C at these levels and below is a buy and hold. Believe me, I've been down this road before and it pays the bills quite adequately. Patience pays, oh forgot, that's a virtue in short supply around here with all these "Elite" traders (pikers still living in mom and dad's spare bedroom).

Good Luck!

#60     Dec 12, 2007