C++ Programming

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by UnderGround, Apr 11, 2002.

1. TNO-Mike,

Thanks for the goods!

Mike

#11     May 2, 2002
  2. UnderGround,

If you are a serious trader and can take a Series 7 exam, we could connect you to REDI+ in C++ or VB via the FIX protocol , REDIFIX. We have our own FIX engne . REDIFIX is being used by hundreds of pro traders & hedge funds nationwide. Executions on ECN match's 250< MS . Minimum capital contribution 50K. You may also connect to REDI+ via EXCEL spreadsheet -Active X. or DDE link.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#12     May 2, 2002
  3. I'm sure a similar order execution API is available directly with ARCA. As you probably know, ARCA has superior order execution over the other ECN's. Probably the best way to go is to use the RealTick API. You can get the best of ALL worlds. Most of my RealTick trades are less that 250ms as well.

Mike

#13     May 2, 2002
  4. 2.mark

2.mark

Yes - you need to test code running with Real Tick. I successfully brought down the TAL Server once by running some code. Thankfully, it was after market hours. Also hooked a Townsend server to Excel via DDE link. Very handy for writing small utils to help you watch the market.

#14     May 2, 2002
  5. Michael, that link is dead. Do you have an updated link?

#15     May 3, 2002
  6. Harry

Harry

The link is not dead - but the browser considers the dot after zip (".....zip.") as part of the adress and you have to delete it.

Harry

#16     May 3, 2002
  7. I know eFloorTrade can do it on the futures side. Maybe they can give you someone on the equities side that can help you out.

Todd

#17     May 3, 2002
  8. Bullfighter said:

I'm sure a similar order execution API is available directly with ARCA. As you probably know, ARCA has superior order execution over the other ECN's. Probably the best way to go is to use the RealTick API. You can get the best of ALL worlds. Most of my RealTick trades are less that 250ms as well.

When you use the REDFIX API, you can go directly to ARCA,REDI, ISLD or INCA-not just ARCA. Depending on your trading(Baskets, systems trading etc.), you can program in an individual ECN or program in each ECN as part of your strategy(ECN arb as an example). If you use ARCA or REDI, which are pro-active ECN's, you could only use that ECN since it will seek another ECN or MM. I would disagree with you the ARCA is the fastest ECN as far as speed. I would give that edge to ISLAND , followed by REDI, ARCA & INCA. I think there is still some confusion when I say REDI. REDI is an ECN , REDI+ is a direct access order execution platform. REDIFIX is SLK's version of the FIX protocol for traders who want to connect via API to REDI in C++ or Visual basic. I'm not hyping REDIFIX, but many program traders and hedge funds are using REDIFIX for a very good reason, it's an excellent API . We are offering the same connection with our own FIX engine for the professional trader.
    This setup requires some minimal programming, from our in house programmer. This is not hype and only for professional traders.
    See REDI API's at www.redi.com/apifix.html .
    See FIX information at www.fixprotocol.org/cgi-bin/Welcome.cgi .

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#18     May 3, 2002
  9. #19     May 3, 2002
  10. Gene,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Mike

#20     May 3, 2002