C# OpenSource Api

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Filipp, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Filipp

Filipp

Good day!

We are young developers enthusiasts from Siberia. Now we create our own API for trading and algotrading on C#. It is an open source project. Our project is focused on Russia, but we also want to try other markets. Now we have 2 broker connectors: Quik, SmartCom, and one HFT connector Plaza2 for derivatives market. (Russia)

We also have a connector for Interactive Brokers. This is completely open source project. We want to get some feedback from you. And we want to know how this project will be interesting for trader's community. This project was created by the enthusiasm of the creators.

What is it?

API allows developing trading robots, semi-drives. Also changing the architecture completely if it necessary. You will not find in the source code of our private parts. We have divided the project into 2 layers:

1. For simple traders. It does not require high skills in programming. And you'll quickly realize the algorithms of any complexity. If you know with the platform Wealth Lab, you will like. We took a only the best.

2. For developers. Our main rule is not to complicate. We have created a simple but effective architecture. This will allow you overwrite, add or remove individual modules, save your time, and you make the decision that is necessary for you.

A small demo.

We want receive from you feedback, and we are ready to work on.

Also we are ready to realize your ideas in the current API, or help in the individual solutions. Ready for any kind of cooperation and of any difficulty for any money, even for food ;D

For any questions ready to answer by e-mail, including the functionality of our terminal.

Write here, I will be glad to answer. filipp@o-s-a.net

API, you can download here (Google drive)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxOrhCuInCVFSmZLT0w1ZTdvMzA.
    Open by a Visual Studio.

Thank you, I'm sorry for the translation, and good luck! :D

2. А че в банках не платят больше?:D

3. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but all you have shown in that app is connectivity to IB and the ability to submit orders, subscribe to real time data, and getting fills. Code for that already ships with the IB SDK and gets you up and running in minutes.

But to provide some more valuable feedback, your configuration and setup windows are very complicated and cumbersome. Adding symbols for example looks very complex. You could simply setup a simple symbol database and let users multi select one or several symbols from the database.

Nice UI, however, given you are using all open source libraries and components. And is that WPFor WinForms?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    cjdsellers and fordewind like this.
  4. xandman

xandman

Interesting product. An improvement on IBKR interface is always in demand.

Here is some advice on your presentation: Don't start with a blank UI and configure from scratch. It takes too long. Start with a fully configured and active setup. Then, go thru the functional areas and vital details. It holds people's attention better.

Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  5. I`d hire you to code me a Grail,but i won`t.To precious

Zzzz1 likes this.
  6. kmiklas

kmiklas

You are off to a good start! Keep working on it. One thing to consider would be to accept a separate data feed.

IB do not provide tick data; their data is a delayed, bursty, VWAP. Tick data must be bought 3rd party, from a provider like IQ Feed.
    http://www.iqfeed.net/

Perhaps try and integrate tick data into your application.

7. InvBox

InvBox

Hi guys

Great job!

I've put to download and recompile your code with no luck. Some of issue while IB connection. What's the project stage? Looks it is very early alpha. Will agree with Zzz1 - cannot see yet any advantages in compare with IB SDK.

Did you try to collaborate with come of other projects? Take a look https://github.com/StockSharp/StockSharp/ or https://github.com/QuantConnect/Lean Here is a many-many features and open source too.

Will happy to review any new C# projects but you are reinventing the wheel.

cjdsellers likes this.
  8. Xraptor

Xraptor

IB history doesn't work!

9. InvBox

InvBox

What that mean?

Please use the quoting to avoid confusion to whom you answer.