C going under?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Retired, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Digs

Digs

Value of World stock Markets at end of 2007 : $21 Trillion
    - Value based on marked to market

Value of Worlds CDO/Derivatives : $35 Trillion ( I think)
    - Value based on marked to model or ABX/CMBX index.

And yes I am worried.

#11     Mar 4, 2008
  2. Retired

Retired

You got any link or reference to your numbers?

#12     Mar 4, 2008
  3. Retired

Retired

Do you remember Enron?

#13     Mar 4, 2008
  4. GTS

GTS

Apples to oranges.

#14     Mar 4, 2008
  5. All the subprimers would love to see C ends up like Enron. :D

#15     Mar 4, 2008
  6. Retired

Retired

#16     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Exactly. TBTF applies to BANKS.

MONEY CENTER BANKS.

#17     Mar 4, 2008
  8. Digs

Digs

#18     Mar 4, 2008
  9. The future threat to american supremacy in economy, military, and financial affairs is in the east (China). Wall street made china's capital happen, and american companies are sending money and jobs to the east, while US decision makers spent their time fighting the arabs/muslims who are their friends (saving the US banking system, offering Oil to America, etc). America has to revise its priorities for the best interests of the country. Middle class is getting thinner, money is flow out, and only the fertile lands of America are still here.

#19     Mar 4, 2008
  10. dsq

dsq

"The guy is a genius shorting Citibank since last year."

Uh,but when chuck prince resigned and the stock popped up from 36ish to 39 in after hours trading on that friday,jim rogers was on tv and said he would cover his short on monday morning due to that breaking news.

I think he s got some good ideas but i think he s a schmuck for bailing on his country for financial gain.He's not exactly strapped for cash and should help/contribute his expertise during rough times to improve things here.He can live in asia-i wouldnt want to...ever.

As for c going bust etc... it has seen similar drama around 1990-91 period.I remember chase,citi and chrysler were single digits.Anybody remember shawmut,bank of boston?!!

#20     Mar 4, 2008