c# Automated Trading Software created by myself

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by shewenhao, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Very nice blog. The updating for the chart is always overhead possible.

#21     Feb 1, 2012
  2. If you don't want to take the time to roll your own charting control, you may want to check out Zedgraph. It's an open-source, c# control and it's pretty slick. It's not WPF, but you can host it in a WPF application.
    Worth a look, since a charting packing is quite a bit of effort to develop (unless you're just doing it for fun!)

#22     Feb 1, 2012
  3. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I heard about the Zedgraph which is quite famous. I did not spend time to go into that yet. I may try that. Sometimes I kind of hesitate to use open source thing. Thanks again.

#23     Feb 1, 2012
  4. Sometimes it's hit or miss, but I found this particular instance to be very good. It's nicely documented and organized (both the code and the wiki).
    In fact, even if you are intending to roll a charting package yourself, it would be worth a look to see how he's laid things out. I don't know if he has any plans for an actual WPF implementation as it has been about a year since I checked out the site.

#24     Feb 1, 2012
  5. Thanks again. I have no intention to roll a charting package by myself. That would be so out of my interests and passion.

I am using Devexpress as my winform third party package. Chart is not core of my software:)

Thank you for updating and suggestion again:)

#25     Feb 1, 2012
  6. SteveH

SteveH

Most of these C# charting libraries are so generalized. Their models are just so bloated, trying to be everything to everyone. Customizing gets to be a major pain.

Janus, I think you have the right approach. Take Xu as a start and expand upon it. It's okay to even go with WinForms-based instead (Xu's first edition).

If I were going to start from a known free C# source code base, I'd probably use nplot. It's at least a good source for ideas:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nplot/

I'm going to take a stab at my own soon. It would be modeled after the behavior of an eSignal 10.6 chart. I love the way their charts interact with the mouse and their scripting model / user level interaction is very well done. Many parts wouldn't be so difficult to replicate in C# and then make callable by Jurassic, a freely available .Net Javascript compiler.

[Funny thing. I bought Xu's WPF Graphics book for $1.75 + shipping new early last year off of dealoz.com. You can still pick it up for about $5 bucks total used]

#26     Feb 1, 2012
  7. After mining the long thread by the creator of TickZOOM:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147374&perpage=6&pagenumber=9

I decide to use db4o as my background databases to save the data. My plan:

1. Usually tick data of forex(focusing on tick of currency pair for NOW) like this

pair
    EUR.CHF

time bid ask Volume bid Volume ask
    20090109 00:00:00:000 1.5000 1.5001 10M 9M

(Number is unreal)

2. Then I decide to write a very simple object class called tick to have FIVE properties and save one row of information like above into the object class tick.

3. Tick data is huge therefore, I would have even billion tick object to save into the db4o.

Please share some information about db3o and your precious opinion. Thanks lot!!!!

#27     Feb 1, 2012
    #28     Feb 1, 2012
  9. SteveH

SteveH

#29     Feb 1, 2012
  10. #30     Feb 1, 2012