c# Automated Trading Software created by myself

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by shewenhao, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Looks very nice book! I will have a look. I love apress which has good reputation

#11     Jan 31, 2012
  2. This is a very nice UI. Good job.

#12     Jan 31, 2012
  3. janus007

janus007

Hi again...

Please take a look what I developed in less than 10 hours.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/546202/WPF_chart_demo.mp4

I do have a lot of programming experience, but never touched WPF until I bought that book :cool:

Yahh..... I do like your UI, looks very promising.

#13     Jan 31, 2012
  4. Thank you very much for the encouragement.

#14     Jan 31, 2012
  5. Dear Janus007,

Thank you for your post. My chart is from third party called Devexpress. They have a issue on the charting thing since they assume clients use chart to display data and once you have some Live Data like forex quote, it is kind of hard to update the candlestick. Usually, when new price update comes, we only need to update very last candle instead of whole chart of hundreds candles. But Devexpress only allows update whole thing together. It really annoys me. Now my chart is like a static one which means i have to press update button to redraw whole thing if I wanna see the updated chart.

My Question: Whether your WPF chart could implement following function: When the live forex price came, you could see only last candle is being updated Live instead of whole chart of candles:) THanks!

W

#15     Jan 31, 2012
  6. Kohanz

Kohanz

My experience with charting from the WPF Toolkit is that it's easy to use, but suffers from very poor performance, especially for large datasets.

I explored it some time ago for financial charting and decided not to use it because of its poor performance.

#16     Jan 31, 2012
  7. Although I never used wpf to do anything before, however, I really heard something like this. And the learning curve is kind of steep. I currently have no passion to learn that:)

My chart is graphic and needs manual update by clicking button when you wanna see current condition.

#17     Jan 31, 2012
  8. janus007

janus007

Yes it should be doable.... however this was just a small demo/ prototype to explore what I could develop in a reasonable timeframe.

WPF is hard to tweak for performance, especially when there are many objects that has to be redrawn, but it can be done :cool: Other developers has experienced similar issues when working with a bunch a objects in the canvas , i.e. : http://khason.net/blog/how-to-high-performance-graphics-in-wpf/

#18     Feb 1, 2012
  9. Thank you very much for the link. I will read through that.

Janus, I noticed that you were active in the TickZOOM thread. I am just curious about what kind of trading system or software are you using now?

#19     Feb 1, 2012
  10. Kohanz

Kohanz

The performance issues I speak of are not regarding WPF, but the charting control itself.

I used it in both its WinForms life as well as WPF and its performance is poor compared to other controls out there.

http://leecampbell.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-wpf-charting-comparisons.html

#20     Feb 1, 2012