Byte Into The Market

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 4jays, May 8, 2001.

1. 4jays

4jays

tntneo,

Today, I subscribed to AIQ with the mytrack data feed. Since the v.6.0 will be out in CD form/w/manuals in a week or two, I opted to wait for the new release rathar than learn and relearn in short order. I like what I see in RavenQuote but, as you and many others have said, the qfeed data stream is horrific. In my discussions with Byte Into The Market, they were not experiencing similar problems and are experiencing quite good data feeds....it has something to do with the way the software defaults to a particular server. Their server select algorithm is quite different than that of RavenQuote and QCharts. However, I'm a little nervous about trying them with all the negativism I see on the various discussion boards. BITM seems to be a very comprehensive charting and decision support package. But! I am thrilled to see that I can do both EOD and RT analysis, scanning, and intraday tracking all on a single platform. And at $79.00/mo, it seems too good to be true.

How long have you been using AIQ? I take it you are using the mytrack data feed and not the DBC data feed. The backbone I must use for DBC is plagued by packet losses (I used their feed with e-signal 6.0). I checked the rout to mytrack and the hops were clean. I have heard too many horror stories about DirectPC but I have very good evidence that DTN's satellite feed system is extremely stable and reliable. The only problem is that DTN only feeds EnsignWindows and I really know nothing about them. I live in a rual area with no DSL or IDSN, so I'm limited as to data providers. Thanks for your most informative response to my last.

Regards.

#11     May 9, 2001
  2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

Hi 4Jays,

you wrote :
    >But! I am thrilled to see that I can do both EOD and RT analysis, scanning, and intraday tracking all on a single platform.

Yes, that's what I like a lot about it.
    I must point out only one major issue I have with AIQ. For now you can not back test automatically your system in intraday data [EOD is wonderful and much, much better than TradeStation and better for what I tested than BITM].

I have TradeStation so early on I back tested some of the concepts. However, the power of AIQ makes it very difficult now to describe the rules the way I trade in TradeStation.

> And at $79.00/mo, it seems too good to be true.
    How long have you been using AIQ?

It is too good and I love it !
    I use it for 5 months now. Both EOD for swing trading for my asset management company and RealTime for index day trading which is the real fun.

> I take it you are using the mytrack data feed and not the DBC data feed. The backbone I must use for DBC is plagued by packet losses (I used their feed with e-signal 6.0).

Yes I use the mytrack. I even forgot they also support eSignal because I am satisfied with the feed. And for the price, come on.. that's a killer. The thing is mytrack is well organized and it is the same company now, so they do not have to get fat profits on both the data feed and the software.
    On my broadband backbone, somewhere, I also have problems with the datafeed. But I contacted AIQ helpdesk and they told me about an alternate mini-server farm. This one takes another route to me and is perfect. So I understand what you had.

Something I did not say about them : support is FANTASTIC.
    Sorry I did not want to talk too much about them [check out my first posts]. Maybe I am thinking, well the less people who know about this, the better the quality of everything will remain. But you ask me.. so I feel compelled to say somethings.. we'll see.
    So support is great, first at AIQ itself [again here I am talking only about the AIQ software and analysis, not mytrack broker. I do not use them. Support [partly shared with AIQ] seems great too, but I am a IB customer, to fully be clear about it].

And after hours and week end, the AIQ forums [groups.yahoo.com] are just great. All newbies to the software go there and can just explain part of their system and get the code back from the others. It is really a very helpful community, amazing. I use only two forums and one chatroom. One forum is elitetrader the other one is AIQ. Because in both cases, pros are willing to help anyone serious about trading.

vpiNeo

#12     May 10, 2001