Bystanders Shot at Empire State Building Were Hit by Police

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

2. A lot of those people were hit by fragments from bullets that were ricocheting around.
    NYC is crowded. No way that's not going to happen. Simple common sense.
    As for gun owners not hitting the "wrong" person: considering how many people with a gun in the house wind up using it to kill themselves, and how many more people shoot close friends & relatives in family fights when there's a gun in the house, I'm not sure how that stat was constructed. By someone with a penchant for pure Texas bullshit, I think.

#12     Aug 27, 2012
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I believe that the two police officers made the correct decision to pull out their guns and shoot in this incident.

What they did wrong is that they failed to follow their training. Officers are trained to triple tap their target; not to empty their entire clip. At most six bullets should have been fired in this incident to bring down the gunman. Reducing the number of bullets flying about would significantly reduce the innocent civilian casualties - especially since the later bullets fired were the ones that entirely missed the suspect (in this incident and others).

This all comes back to very poor training of NYC police officers in regards to firearms. This problem has been regularly demonstrated not only in this incident but previous ones.

#13     Aug 27, 2012
  4. My advice is :"Don't start no shit while I'm cleaning my guns"

#14     Aug 27, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#15     Aug 28, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Where is horse's brASS at? What kind of pussy starts a thread then disappears when the facts don't conform to his preconceived notions?

#16     Aug 28, 2012
  7. #17     Aug 28, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://monachuslex.com/?p=1678

Armed mother saves 2 year-old from kidnapper

Of course our anti gun pussies would rather the 2 yo had just been kidnapped and then "hope" the police find her while she's still alive.

#18     Aug 29, 2012
  9. Cops are only good for speed traps, shooting pets and breaking down the wrong doors.

#19     Aug 29, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum