Byrne on the President's Address

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Bingo. The guy is an obese moron. The sooner OSTK goes bankrupt the better.

One of the funniest post on ET of all time was the flytiger vinticated cartoon. Where Dark Vader and his sith lords were trying to destroy ostk by shorting it. A bear is dressed up in a Dark Vader helmet and looks to the bull and says "Join the short side." LOL

Lmao

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. How sad that you are all so ignorant. You just can't handle the facts. And the facts are, Wall St., by their own hand, has committed suicide.

Oh, the fat cats, they'll survive with nice pay packages down the road. Sheep, like you, are done. So, lash out some more. Show me where I"ve been wrong, because I wish I were. But I'm not.

Welch said this morning that any trader on Wall St. who utters one negative word on the package should be slapped. I volunteer. Pistol whipped is a better option.

It's over fellas. Sorry. Hope youstashed some offshore for your sa........ Oh wait. Feds there, too.

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. mandatory buy-in (as is done in civilized countries, such as Canada);
    ------------------

Mandatory buy-ins ARE a prerequisite for civilization. Borat brought this issue up in Kahzachistan before that country was put on the map.

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. no sympathy for that lot but this is incorrect

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. Mecro

Mecro

Learn some basic comprehension.

We do not support Byrne and his witch hunt platform. While you and your lover Patrick have been crying and whining, I wrote emails to congressmen.

So Shut Up already and stop insulting people. Learn some social etiquette, no wonder nobody likes you and would love to give you an asswhooping.

Mods, can you ban this idiot please.

#15     Sep 25, 2008
  6. mxjones

mxjones

Mine was one of the calls to congress you reference above.

What I am against is you posting like a rat on crack. It is too much, too often. Less is more...people would take you seriously and you would garner more respect if you pick and choose rather than vomit all over ET multiple times daily.

#16     Sep 25, 2008
  7. Shut up you fat fuck Byrne.

#17     Sep 25, 2008
  8. Someday, I'll share with you the leads this site has given me, and I have given enforcement. And I don't deal with the SEC. Tried that. Our entire country is at risk, and is our future is in hands of morons, who take money from Wall St.

I've been doing a lot of puking lately.

#18     Sep 25, 2008

9. "Flytiger" .... "What," exactly, is "over?"

The health of the bull market?

The health of the overall economy?

Society as we know it?

The NY Jets chances of making the NFL playoffs?

What, specifically, is "over?"

Be specific.

#19     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Recs: 0 Latest Deep Capture

The Simple Truth About Naked Short Selling - A Bit Late
    September 24th, 2008 by Mark Mitchell
    More than two years ago, Patrick Byrne, the future Deep Capture reporter, had dinner with an editor of one of the nation’s most important newspapers. The editor said, “I know the media has not been fair to you on the naked short selling issue. Would you like to write an editorial?”

Patrick said, “Sure, but it won’t get published.”

The editor said, “I decide what gets published.”

Patrick wrote the editorial. A day after he submitted it, the editor, known to be a gentleman, called Patrick and said, “I am terribly embarrassed to have to tell you this, but it appears that I will not be able to publish your editorial – or, for that matter, anything else written by you.”

Other publications seemed to have a similar attitude, so Patrick put his editorial in a drawer.

But he didn’t shut up about naked short selling. He said that this problem would eventually crash the financial system. He lambasted the media for failing to cover it.

The media did not listen. Influential journalists, I am embarrassed to tell you, went out of their way to silence or ridicule people who said naked short selling was a problem.

Well, now that Wall Street has suffered the biggest calamity since the Great Depression, almost everyone agrees that naked short selling is a problem. John McCain, Hillary Clinton, the Chairman of the SEC, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the CEOs of some of the very investment banks that have long participated in naked short selling – they all said last week that this crime must be stopped, or the financial system is toast.

So, just for kicks, Patrick dusted off his editorial.

This time, it was published – by Forbes.com.

Too late now, perhaps. But, please, read this editorial. Read it because it is so simple. Read it because you will see what some of our most sophisticated financial journalists failed, or refused, to grasp.

Read it because the media could not, or would not, and this says something very important about the quality of our public discourse.

http://www.deepcapture.com/

#20     Sep 25, 2008