BYND Beyond Meat

Discussion in 'Options' started by FSU, May 7, 2019.

1. FSU

FSU

FYI,
    Beyond Meat BYND options will begin trading tomorrow.

nooby_mcnoob and destriero like this.
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What makes bynd worth 4bn? Aren’t there other meatless meat companies out there?

A few months ago I went to a hippie persons house. They started a soy based meatless company in the 80s and sold it for tens of millions. (They are still hippies but in a multi-million dollar home).

3. Specterx

Specterx

I tried the burger once - it's light years beyond "veggie burgers" of the past, the taste, look and texture is very similar to the real thing. I wouldn't mind if you told me I had to give up ground beef and eat these instead.

$4bn sounds pretty high, but I can see the company being worth a lot. Aside from health and ethics concerns, it's becoming an environmentalist thing to reduce meat consumption due to the enormous quantities of water and other resources that livestock consume, and the CO2 they emit. That said, I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be for competitors to replicate the product.

jys78 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  4. destriero

destriero

Morningstar Roasted Garlic and Quinoa veggie burgers. Fried in OO. Velveeta slices (yes mofo, velveeta). Bun of choice with lettuce and EVOO mayo. Need two per bun. 500-600 cals.

5. jys78

jys78

The A&W beyond meat burger is very tasty, and I say this as someone who despised veggie patties until this one.

6. Is this literally BYND?

7. destriero

destriero

Stock will rally on the introduction of vol.

I've bought the store/packaged patties and went next door to the Del Taco. I've never been, but holy shit these are good. I bought a dozen and the kids went through ten of them. I managed to snag two Beyond tacos.

TheBigShort and jys78 like this.
  8. destriero

destriero

It's pea protein isolate. IIRC pea is a complete protein or they add leucine. Anyway, soy would not be sustainable as it's a phytoestrogen/estrogen mimetic. This thing is going to Pluto. $150 within a year.

9. destriero

destriero

Soy is shit. Look at the SA kids eating the soy due to deforestation and soy production. Half of the teens have b*tch tits/gynecomastia. This is virtually indistinguishable from ground beef and it's pea protein.

Take a look at the comp-chart between /LE and BYND. It's a better than an 80 -corr.

jys78 likes this.
  10. jys78

jys78

Yes, same patty.

#10     May 7, 2019