ByLoSellHi exceeds 11K posts but no market decline

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lucrum, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA THANK YOU OP, your my hero.

#11     Oct 20, 2009
  2. Even an 11,000 poster on ET is right twice a day. You would think out of 1000 copy and pasted articles, 1 would have to be right.

Nice job BLSH, your batting 1 for 1000, nice avg.

#12     Oct 20, 2009
  3. I hate everything about Wall St. and our Government, but I'm long stocks.

Funny, I've watched Peter Worden and Art Cashin be wrong for the longest time. I fully understand what they see. I know what I know. But I can read a chart.

There can be no arguing the trend of the market, at least to this point, or the fragility of what remains of the US economy.

Brings to mind an old Army ditty that may well relate to the retail investor. Sing along if you know it:

A little bird (hup two)
    With a yellow bill (three, fow)
    Was sittin' on (hup two)
    My winda sill............... (free fo)

I lured him in
    With a piece of bread
    And then I crushed
    His fucking head.

There was another one about the Russian front, too.

#13     Oct 20, 2009
  4. PPT

PPT

OMFG, 11,000 posts?

So 1 per day for 30 years

2 per day for 15 years. LOL

wtf??

say this fool (jk) spent 3 minutes per post. 33,000 minutes.

or like 3 weeks (23 days-ish) straight without taking a minute break. (check my math).

Let's recap:

zero sex
    zero life
    zero credibility
    zero ability to get out of the house
    zero motivation to do something productive.

is this obama?

haha

#14     Oct 20, 2009
  5. my simple question remains: do you actually trade?!?

i ask, again, not to call you out or start a fight- just to know. it seems that your bearishness is so resolute that, if you did, you'd have surely blown up long ago in this mkt advance. if you don't, then why bother?

simple question which, given your 'prolific' posting girth, seems both warranted and worthy of reply...

#15     Oct 20, 2009
  6. theres no question we're at the exact parallel of the bearishness of march. actually the gidiness we're seeing is a factor of 10 greater than the bearishness of march as 90% of the people on tv and in print were calling a bottom every single day from oct 2008 all the way to march.the problem is tops can take months to form and bottoms take days. theres hardly a bear left alive after 9 months and 66% up. thats why i believe a big decline is coming in 2009. the simple reason is the the amount of cocky bulls is simply astounding and all calling for a correction in 2010. nobody and i mean nobody expects a big hit in 2009 and thats why it could happen. i'm waiting for more signs before shorting.

#16     Oct 20, 2009
  7. canmo

canmo

I do agree with BLSH - even I'm not a big writer here..
    And I'm not a day trader, but for long term I just got out out of stocks to bonds in beginning of 2008, and earned instead of loosing a lot like many 'optimistic' investors.
    And that's fine, all 'long stock'ers, you can write bad words about him, it's virtual, no backfire from one to many, but, I would see you trying to humiliate him somewhere in next 4-6 months. He's extremely right in his outlook, which doesn't necessary mean he's shorting everything for last 2 years.
    Keep doing that, BLSH, one of last days article you brought about port's cargo decrease was really great.

#17     Oct 20, 2009

8. [​IMG]

#18     Oct 20, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is that the thanks I get for writing a tribute?
    Well at least you said "dear", although that's a little odd coming from another guy.

So you got one right in 2007 huh? Whoo hoo, you go girl!
    That does beg the question though, how many hundreds of predictions did it take before that one was right?
    If the answer is too embarrassing, just pretend it's a rhetorical question.

If it makes you feel any less stupid I too think this is probably a bear market rally and things are likely to get much worse.
    Unlike you, I actually hope I'm wrong AND unlike you I'm not dumb enough to assume it even matters what I think in the first place. Let alone that the market is going to respond to endless cut and paste articles.
    So until the market acts accordingly, I'll assume I'm wrong.

#19     Oct 21, 2009
  10. Stockturder is to buying as Buylow is to shorting.

#20     Oct 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.