Bye, bye YEN Carry Trades...?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ASusilovic, May 28, 2007.

1. ETW77

ETW77

Agree… but the West needs to tread very cautiously here ...a sudden bursting of the liquidity bubble will be disastrous for everyone

#21     May 30, 2007
  2. There is no doubt it would cause problems, but won't it burst anyway? Releasing all this "liquidity" is just turning perfectly run corporations into the housing market. Highly leveraged and prone to a huge collapse.

At some point the private sector will refuse to take on more risk. Then what? With breadth getting more narrow we could make the case its already happening.

The global markets need less government participation.

#22     May 30, 2007
  3. ETW77

ETW77

Just saying can't be sudden...needs to be gradual..which is what I think they are trying to do...what do you think would really happen if the chinese stop buying the 40 some odd yards of treasuries they have been averaging yearly or begin unloading the 400+ they already have?

#23     May 30, 2007
  4. rock1968

rock1968

i don't think so.

#24     May 31, 2007
  5. Chood

Chood

The FEAR is growing. Will payrolls force 'em to capitulate? Will they have the stones even to hang on into that news?

#25     May 31, 2007
  6. Chood

Chood

I'll trail my stop to entry, which is .8257 avg'd in, after Monday session is in full swing. Presently, I have the equity I want, one third the way to my take profit (.8120), but only after the boost of a good US payrolls. That's why I'll trail the stop to break even.

#26     Jun 1, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

I am long here @8210, thinking we are going to get a spike next week above 8300 then when the bonus money is available mid month it will pour in to EMs and the yen will give up on 8200 and make new lows for the year.

#27     Jun 1, 2007
  8. Chood

Chood

I'm done. Broke even with trailing stop.

#28     Jun 5, 2007
  9. Nice vola in USD/JPY today...

#29     Jun 5, 2007
  10. Chood

Chood

Nikkei well bid early today (tonight for me), suggesting very little expectation that YEN will strengthen any time soon versus USD.

#30     Jun 5, 2007