Bye Bye Rham!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 24, 2011.

1. #11     Jan 25, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

A little bird heard this in the White House:

RAHM: Obama, those f**kers took me off the ballot! (crying) My last chance is to go to the damn IL Supreme Court and ask them to overturn this f**king order. (sniffle)

OBAMA: Stop your crying, Rahm. I own several of those justices and I'll make a couple calls. Go ahead and file your appeal. It'll go through and you'll be on the ballot. I guarantee it.

RAHM: (Sniffle) OK, I'll f**king try. Thanks for fixing this s**t for me. (sniffle, sniffle) Let's not tell anyone.

OBAMA: Right, we'll keep this quite just as usual. Just keep your mouth shut about it.

RAHM: I won't tell a sole. Not even my f**king wife. (sniffle) Thanks, pal.

OBAMA: Now, let's go have a cigarette out on the terrace. -- Oh, hell. Let's just have a smoke here in the Oval Office - who's going to know? Besides, I own this house.

:D

#12     Jan 25, 2011
  3. That didn't take long, now did it? Two things you don't want to do. Fight the Fed, and bet against the Chicago "election process" when the fix is in. Rham will be the next mayor of Chicago.

#13     Jan 25, 2011
  4. jem

jem

I was wonder why he had the balls to try and screw around with this residency thing.

I can't believe a IL Supreme Court acted that quickly.

#14     Jan 25, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Because he thinks he is above the law.

#15     Jan 25, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

This tells you all you need to know about Rham.

At a dinner to celebrate Bill Clinton’s first presidential victory – Mr Emanuel was his chief fundraiser – he began to reel off the names of those who had 'crossed' him. He grabbed a steak knife and began plunging it into the table shouting “Dead! Dead! Dead!” after each name.

“When he was done the table looked like a lunar landscape,” a witness relates. “It was like something out of The Godfather. But that’s Rahm for you.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5106463.ece

#16     Jan 25, 2011
  7. Larson

Larson Guest

after an unimpressive stint with BO administration, he doesn't appear to be as formidable as people make him out to be. Maybe local politics is where he belongs. Paper tiger.

#17     Jan 25, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...I'd guess after the next revolution.

I would respect the government more if they'd just declare martial law.

Just another good reason to leave Illinois.

#18     Jan 25, 2011
  9. jem

jem

Interesting article. saying Josh Lymon was partly build on him. Could he be as full of shit as that Josh Lymon character was.

#19     Jan 25, 2011
  10. The Illinois Supreme Court has agreed to hear Rahm Emanuel's appeal of a decision that threw him off the ballot for Chicago mayor.

Supreme Court spokesman Joe Tybor says the justices will hear the case quickly. But he gave no specific time frame.

Emanuel has asked the court to overturn the lower ruling that pulled his name off the ballot because he had not lived in the city for a year. His attorneys called Monday's decision "squarely inconsistent" with previous rulings on the issue.

Earlier Tuesday, the court directed the Chicago Board of Elections to print Emanuel's name on all ballots while it considers whether or not he is eligible to hold elected office in the city. Lawyers have challenged his eligibility on the grounds that he did not reside in Chicago for a full year prior to the election, as statute requires.

Justices did not overturn the appellate court decision -- that case is still pending.

The Capitol Fax blog obtained a portion of Tuesday's order:

"Emergency motion for stay pending appeal is allowed in part.

"The appellate court decision is stayed. Board of Election is directed that if any ballots are printed while this court is considering the case the ballots should include the name of petitioner Rahm Emanuel as a candidate for the mayor of City of Chicago.

#20     Jan 25, 2011