Bye-bye reg T

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Oct 16, 2006.

1. timcar

timcar

Reg T still a big issue for most. Those JBO can get expensive with their high commish rates.

#391     Nov 20, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Commisions are less in a JBO.

#392     Nov 21, 2007
  3. Really shouldn't be actively trading in IRA account, IMO. However, it's very smart to take control of your retirement funds, invest well, etc. vs. using a broker or something.

Good advice from Maverick (whoda thought, LOL) about not maxing out IMO.

FWIW,

Don

#393     Nov 21, 2007
  4. timcar

timcar

The obvious answer is to increase rate of return. By:

1. Holding more shares in a potential profitable position.

2. Being able to diversify into other positions.

Nothing some of us traders hate more is having to sell and buy into another "hopefully" better profitable position. The generating of two commissions in order to complete these trades does upset some traders.

So, the additional capital being borrowed by trader will prevent the two commission trade problem and some traders are inclined to chance/risk the margin call.

#394     Nov 21, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

This makes no sense. I asked about leverage, and you responded with more leverage. LOL. Let me say it again, you should not be leveraging your account so you are 100% maxed out or close to it. Why would you let one move blow you out?

No such thing as diversification in a panic. During panics there is 100% correlation. Everything goes down at once, and fast.

And commisions have nothing to do with leverage. Just take my advice and simmer down on the leverage.

#395     Nov 22, 2007