Bye Bye Miss American Pie!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Jan 2, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Oh yeah, great inventive culture... that's how they got one step above India on the labor scale. India is beating them out on the cheap labor front nowadays, businesses in China actually outsource to India btw, the next step is to bypass China and go straight to India for labor..

#21     Jan 3, 2008
  2. The first post was in response to the OP's "American's become closer to that "Third World" country called Mexico." I think what you were trying to say is that I was supposed to smile and not say anything in response to that.

The post was sarcasm, irony, exaggeration and humor mixed with truth. Read into it whatever your expectations are.

Hardly a switch nor a turnaround. It sounded like you needed a simple summary as I was afraid that you were loaded up 100% on China ADRs, etc. and didn't want to hear otherwise. Go ahead, I should not care, it sounds like a permabuy.

Why the sarcasm?

I don't like it when my country is getting a bad deal from starting this globalization for the benefit of other countries without, at the very least, the right to say anything negative.

The county that I live in has a population of 55k and has lost 6000+ jobs over a year ago. The county's largest employer and its suppliers moved to China. There is absolutely no opportunity here. 6000 families with no sustainable income. Where are they supposed to move to? How could they move with mortgage payments on houses that no one would ever buy as no one from anywhere would move here? We've got nothing because we gave it all away.

What do they get in return for losing their livelihood? Unfair trade, tires that blow out and kill, toxic food, toxic toys, tainted prescription drugs that sicken and injure, air pollution on the formerly cleaned up West Coast coming from China, etc.

This is the harsh reality that we must live here, and do you believe that no one must say anything negative about China? We have a hard life here with people burning their furniture for heat this winter. Maybe they will just burn their worthless houses down. How's it going for you?

My fellow globalizationers, we are being mistreated, misrepresented and without a voice. I simply ask you, are we supposed to accept all that has been taken from us and not say a word? Are we not to be offended by dangerous imported products? Are we supposed to have smiles on our faces and keep our mouths shut as we allow ourselves to get the crap beat unfairly out of us?

#22     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Which county are you talking about FTF.

regards
    f9

#23     Jan 3, 2008
  4. You're quite the superstar in San Antonino.

LOLOLOLOOLOLOL

Send me some tortillas damn you!!!

#24     Jan 3, 2008
  5. loik

loik

Why communism?

#25     Jan 3, 2008
  6. So many mistakes I dont even know where to begin. but... "the US and other countries" and "bail out" , ..... CHINA??!! are you mental with your projections? What you need to ask yourself is ... what is it that the chinese are doing right that we are just not getting? It is people like you who make this world a very difficult place in which to live and trade. You think the world owes you everything because you feel you were born from some royal right when in reality you are just trailer trash that cant speak english straight.

"You are just a baby, a child. You will not be able to manage a burst bubble. No self-discipline has been learned, it has all been too easy, like a trader first starting out in late 1999. It literally has all been given to you at the expense of those countries that had to work for it. You did not earn it, you did not work for it. You got a huge head start and bypassed the learning curve. "

They have been able to manage alot so far and it is our bubble about to burst and burst big that they should be most worried about. When you have people from the US visiting your country for 50-80 years shoving worthless merchandise, fiat currency, and drugs in your face, the balance must be kept somehow. Free markets are free markets you doof, meaning they, none of them, should ever be bailed out. Things will work themselves out on their own when prices for real goods come back to normal levels. Cutting interest rates, and liquidity injections do nothing and only make things worse off then they should be. By doing this you only rob your own homeland(its people) for the benefit of a few offshore wealthy corporations(a few men) who benefit from buying your cherished and precious companies for nickels on the dollar. Their dollar. You yourself make US dollars probably (speculation), and you could care less about hedging yourself because "big government" will always be there to bail you out. This is communism not capitalism. That welfare attitude wont get you or anyone anywhere. If property prices really collapsed to a quarter of what they are currently this would provide a tremendous opportunity for the homeland and its people to make fortune investing in its property at bargain prices. This now allows for a major redistribution of wealth, naturally, without welfare or social security, or bernanke and company. bring on the recession, its a new awakening. it is a rebirth.

#26     Jan 4, 2008
  7. sumosam

sumosam

I can't help thinking that China will implode, as well. Superfast growth has its drawbacks. Yes, the Japanese went through it. They are very restrained, and well educated, and ofcourse, real estate can't go down!

Wealth continues to move west. Cheap labour has made China what it is. As they prosper, other countries will step up to the plate...Africa? If only we had a measure of political stability.

#27     Jan 7, 2008