Bye Bye Miss American Pie!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Jan 2, 2008.

1. tyler19

tyler19

2. mokwit

mokwit

Typical currently cheapest labour overconfidence. The manufacturing world beats a path to their door to the point where to double their sales just have to build another factory and they think they are geniuses on the verge of world domination. Seen it before. Granted China has a very big very cheap labour pool, but what are they really innovating? 'Made in China' brand, if you could call it that, is already synonymous wityh "cr@ap that falls apart/poisons your children"

#12     Jan 2, 2008
  3. China is doing like Timmay did in the tech boom.....

once it's over...it's over.

#13     Jan 2, 2008
  4. mokwit

mokwit

....also their strategy of buying a company to get the technology, intellectual capital, type aproval etc is flawed as very few creatives would be able to stand the "know about and control the minutia of everything" Chinese mentality - they will either walk or have to be paid uncompetitively to stay.

How is Lenovo doing ouside China?. Their latest design seen in their mall "brand" shop looked like a 1950's enamelled kitchen appliance. There were no customers in the shop.

#14     Jan 2, 2008
  5. I believe the Chaina story is going to be a repeat of the Japan story. Remember the Nikkei was 39,000 in 1991?

Then a long term decline and a rally to 15,000 from 7,000 5 years ago. Woefull.

Same business plan, same end result.

Don't get me wrong, I like Chinese food, women, architecture etc.

#15     Jan 2, 2008
  6. xiaodre

xiaodre

You're thinking is revolutionary!

To think, I had read history books that put China as the origin of many of the most useful inventions mankind has ever come up with...

oh, and as one of the (well, so I was taught! But you cannot find good teachers nowadays) oldest continuous civilizations, the one that came up with paper money (ahem) and decimal mathamatics (ahem)...

Listen, you gotta write a book to get this new shit out! This is new shit, and it must be brought to light, man!

At least an ebook! At least think about it!

#16     Jan 2, 2008
  7. Don't have a fit. I was exaggerating, a little.

Economic cycles happen in all countries sooner or later.

You, fortunately are an individual that can prepare for the worst. Everyone must do so, no matter what country they live in. The thing about countries and governments is that they really don't care what happens to any one individual when things go wrong.

Prepare, diversify, ask yourself, 'what if such and such happens?'

#17     Jan 2, 2008
    #18     Jan 3, 2008
  9. xiaodre

xiaodre

Wow. An amazing turnaround from a ridiculous rant that several people said was a good, or better, or best post (and mokwit even reading into it his own racist tendencies) to actual common sense, like, "every nation has economic cycles."

Why the switch? Because it is a switch, bub.

And Alex, thanks for pointing out that the Chinese were inventive geniuses. I guess I should point out that they still are pretty good to excellent in this field of human endeavor?

And I guess I should ask among those countries that had colonies in China, how many of them still do?

DISCLOSURE: Why am I interested in this thread? Sick of all the wrong information (not the opinions, just the stupid shit) in the China bashing threads maybe, and so here I am again, feeding the fucking trolls? Could be...I'll go over it with my therapist.

#19     Jan 3, 2008
  10. I approve this message.

Their banks are insolvent.

#20     Jan 3, 2008