Bye-Bye IB, Hello Open ECry?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tortoise, Aug 8, 2007.

1. tortoise

tortoise

#11     Aug 8, 2007
  2. No problems here with OEC's data feed during slow, normal or fast conditions. I don't use their charting, as I use their data into Multicharts as well.

#12     Aug 8, 2007
  3. I've used Open E Cry for 2 months now. I like their DOM alot and have had relatively few problems. I also run TT's X-trader next to OEC and OEC is just milliseconds slower than X-Trader. OEC tells me they throttle their data to update DOM 6 times a second. Later this year they will be releasing "unthrottled" data which can only speed things up (if your computer can handle it). X-Trader is unthrottled.

Yesterday 10-30 mins. or after FOMC announcement, I did experience a few times where ES DOM "froze" for a couple/few seconds. I had never experienced this before. I use eSignal charts and they kept up just fine. I don't use OEC charts at all so can't comment on those.

#13     Aug 8, 2007
  4. Tums

Tums

are you this indecisive when it comes to trading?

#14     Aug 8, 2007
  5. tortoise

tortoise

Ah, so, you mean, just "jump in"? That's the secret to market riches? Holy Cow! THANKS!!!!!

#15     Aug 8, 2007
  6. have to chime in, most traders keep saying that the ninja with zen-fire feed is a great platform.. zen-fire is said by many to be the fastest their is . Anyone ever test zen-fire to tt feed?

#16     Aug 8, 2007
  7. ask Timmay, scorpion. It's only $50 for 30 minutes, I am sure he can give you some insight into good platforms.

#17     Aug 8, 2007
  8. hey dark, know one is talking to you, go back to to the gutter that you came from.. you asshole..

#18     Aug 8, 2007
  9. Ninja/Zen was a least 30 secs behind IB's dom at the open today. It didn't correct for at least 20mins

#19     Aug 8, 2007
  10. thanks.. all subjective, i guess, everyone has different results, anyone else?

#20     Aug 8, 2007