Bye bye, everybody!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by thecoder, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Is Baron part of the cancel culture mafia? Someone alert GWB

#21     Jan 8, 2022
  2. jason84

jason84

He'll be back under a different name.

#22     Aug 2, 2022
  3. M.W.

M.W.

The only question I have, did he post his opinions and make such statements in the politics forum? Asking because I was under the impression that you upheld the principle of free speech no matter how abhorrent certain speech may be to some. I can certainly recall much darker content in the politics forums that is remaining untouched.

#23     Aug 6, 2022
  4. smallfil

smallfil

Good riddance. Do not come back. ET trolls are now a dime for 2 dozen. We have plenty right now.

#24     Aug 6, 2022
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Racial hatred is unacceptable and is in a completely different league when compared to opinions about government policy. But to answer your question though, most of his posts were in the Politics forum, but he also blasted some of the trading forums with that same racial content as well.

#25     Aug 6, 2022
    M.W. likes this.
  6. M.W.

M.W.

Makes perfect sense if it was applied across the board. Though I noticed that there seem to be degrees applied by moderators toward racial slurs or hatred. "shit hole countries", "European or American fuckers", "country xyz asshole", "jappo", "chink", seem to get a pass while the second the Jewish "race" or ethnicity is concerned content is highly moderated. Is this a matter of failure of oversight, or my misunderstanding, or something else?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    #26     Aug 6, 2022
  7. Overnight

Overnight

It's just a matter of delicate context. I sometimes pick on Jews because I was forced as a kid to live a bit of their life when growing up in NY, by living with an orthodox family and having to go through their BS rituals of the Sader, and temple, and Mitzvahs. Shit, I even had a personalized yarmulke as a wee lad. They as a race, at least the orthodoxy, are so caught up in tradition. Just let it GO already!

Sabbath-mode for ovens. REALLY?

A lot of what Stern says in those videos is true. I lived through it. So it is funny in CONTEXT. That's what is most important.

#27     Aug 6, 2022
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Those examples you gave are more like common jabs that we hear all the time. The content I'm referring to is more along the lines of wanting the entire Jewish race eliminated off the planet, as if there wasn't a single one of them worth saving. Furthermore, that was the only type of posts he ever made here. No trading talk. Just anti-Semitic racial hatred. It was just over the top and pretty much nobody wanted to read those threads every single day.

#28     Aug 6, 2022
    M.W. and Big AAPL like this.
  9. M.W.

M.W.

I would agree that seeing an entire race or ethnicity extinct is going too far and crossing lines. So can I confirm that someone in the politics section saying "most corporate crimes or white collar crimes are committed by Jews" or talk about Jewish domination and the abuse thereof will be let stand whether we both might agree or completely disagree with such statements?

I am for 100% free speech regardless of what is said but I am not the forum owner, hence what I believe does not matter much. I believe assholes usually out themselves and its much better they themselves make it blatantly clear through their speech than hiding it and stabbing others into the back with their covert racism. My 2 cents.

#29     Aug 6, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Well, the fucking Jews actually saved the human race, because of disease!

La heim!

#30     Aug 6, 2022