By The Numbers: Moderator Raddatz Attacked Ryan 9 Times, Biden Once

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Oct 12, 2012.

1. I just want to talk to you about right in the middle of the crisis. Governor Romney -- and you’re talking about this again tonight -- talked about the weakness, talked about apologies from the Obama administration. Was that really appropriate right in the middle of the crisis?
    --------------------------------------------------

Suppose we consider this inappropiate.

If not Romney who is going to bring up this issue. Rightly, perhaps another high profile republican should have called Obama to the task. But no one did or has. Everyone standing around with their thumb up their ass, i'd gve Romeny a pass for bringing it up...at least someone has some balz in this town.

Was that really appropriate right in the middle of the crisis?

Ya'd thunk it was the job of the press or any media to do this. Bunch a wimp ass mofo's leaving this for romeny to do or no one is going to do anything. just give obama a free ride.

#11     Oct 12, 2012
  2. My views exactly. Ryan just wasn't prepared to jack Bidens jaw. I could not believe how he squandered that first question.
    I doubt this debate, as it transpired, will carry are real weight, but it does give the leftist media something to talk about until Tuesday, other than the real issues. Had he knocked Biden out Team Obama would have been seriously knocked back on their heels, and the leftist media would have been amusing to watch explain the disaster. It was a missed opportunity. As it is, it's all on Romney to crush Obama on these foreign policy issues.

#12     Oct 12, 2012
  3. I think one of the democrat spin guys on Fox got it right. he said Biden was annoying but he wondered if maybe they just didn't care. His job was to get across the Obama talking points and trash Romney's plans, which he did. the fact he was a jerk really didn't matter since no one is voting based on who the VP candidate is.

Still, it was an interesting contrast between an old school, blowhard liberal and a wonky numbers guy. All those independents who keep telling pollsters they are sick of the old politics and want people to work together now have a clear choice.

#13     Oct 12, 2012
  4. Ryan missed another golden opportunity with the closing question about some returning vet telling Raddatz how the sleazy ads sickened him.

He could have said, look, I'm a guy whose children got to watch an actor who looked just like me push a grandmother in a wheelchair off a cliff. Then they run an ad essentially saying Romney caused the death of a guy's wife. Obama and Biden hide behind the claim that these were independent groups but we know they worked with the campaign. Neither one of them has ever denounced either ad, even though the mainstream media called them atrocious. I am asking Joe right now, either denounce those ads or defend them.

#14     Oct 12, 2012
  5. jem

jem

I'd like to make an analogy to moot court.

When the law is on your side argue the law, when the facts are on your side argue the facts, when neither is on your side make a lot of noise and pound the table.

Joe Biden pounded the table. that was all he could do... and if he was not smirking and being a buffoon when Ryan was speaking, he would of won. Which means he really pounded the table well.

Because Ryan had the law and the facts he should have crushed Biden.
    He did not crush Biden and he was lucky Biden smirked his way to a loss.

Overall I thought Raddatz was a great moot court judge. I would have loved to have been in her court... She was excellent. She cut Ryan off a bit, but as AAA said perfectly, she also set him up for some haymakers.

#15     Oct 12, 2012
  6. These people have to be vetted thoroughly.

#16     Oct 12, 2012
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Democrats are all mouth... it's what they do

#17     Oct 12, 2012
  8. If someone moderates a high profile debate, and is ugly and not/less competent when compared to many others of someone's gender , then what criterion was used to select the moderator?

#18     Oct 12, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

"WASHINGTON -- In a much replayed moment from Thursday night's debate, Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan tussled over whether it was mathematically possible for Mitt Romney to cut tax rates by 20 percent and not add to the deficit. Ryan claimed that it could be done by eliminating unspecified loopholes and deductions, and said that history had demonstrated that such a plan was workable, citing President John Kennedy.

Biden challenged him, arguing that no such thing had ever happened.

In a rare moment of bipartisan accord, Romney himself agrees with Biden's assertion. "

#19     Oct 12, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

<param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
    <param name="quality" value="best"/>
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000122205/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
    <embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/3000122205/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>

#20     Oct 12, 2012