......by law, it's illegal to buy crude futures in U.S.......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by apitrader, Jun 27, 2008.

1. The big dogs will simply find a way around it.

This would only effect the small spec, who really isn't to blame.

#11     Jun 27, 2008
  2. yea, right
    except you've got the directions the wrong way round sunshine

#12     Jun 27, 2008
  3. it's not illegal for seller of oil to raise their prices.

unless saudis and opec increase oil production by more than 25% per year in barrels,,,the supply won't meet the increasing demand for oil.

#13     Jun 27, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

I am in the cash market about once a week.

Are you going to deny me the chance to lock in my costs in the futures

#14     Jun 27, 2008
  5. market want FED to lower interest rate to 1% and want oil to fall.

sorry. the reason oil is rising and inflation is a result of inflation.

increase in money supply. and actual increase in consumption of oil.

#15     Jun 27, 2008
  6. Opec producers are getting the same per barrel if you adjusted to inflation.

why would they want lower price....it's just the public relations that they want price of oil to be $70/barrel.

they are just blaming speculators. rather than themselves for not increasing supply..if they wanted oil to fall,,,oil companies would be selling oil futures contracts and shorting them and selling oil.

#16     Jun 27, 2008
  7. Mvic

Mvic

If oil falls to sub $100 overnight my guess is that you won't see the rally in Equities that you are expecting but leaving that aside please take a moment and loook around the world, there are other trading centers out there. A ban of Crude futures here would likely shift trading overseas, and what's worse, in another currency. That would be all the excuse Arab states would need to depeg from the USD and then you would likely see oil prices in the US much higher and interest rates too. Be careful what you wish for...

#17     Jun 27, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

It seems that it is not the people long the market supporting prices. It is the cash market. If we all stopped filling up futures would drop fast.

It is the consumers driving the price up

#18     Jun 27, 2008
  9. it would be a bloody nightmare as there would be no liquidity. Why do you think the futures markets were created in the first place? They've been around for about 100 years for a reason. no, not so people can gamble or manipulate prices, but to provide liquidity. The crude markets are no different than those for corn or other commodities. you might as well limit those to entities taking delivery also?

no options trading on stocks except for those who own the stock already?

Geez!

#19     Jun 27, 2008