BWolinsky Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bwolinsky, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They do value research, Atticus, and, incidentally, 25% annually was good enough for them. I expect you'll be as well as probably thousands of others eventually calling that firm. They screen you with your background, and it costs bucks to talk to them.

#31     Jun 21, 2009
  2. No, because I'll take an optimized system that gets 25% annually, verified by a 3rd party, of course. They probably only considered the real time results and the "improvements" made to the script just gave them even more confidence. The curve on the S&P is quite negative, and this is another factor in their analysis, and was part of the presentation.

#32     Jun 22, 2009
  3. Ahh, I see. So this firm that does SBA loans didn't understand the nuance of the curve-fitted doubling vs. flat C2 return.

You can't write fiction this good.

#33     Jun 22, 2009
  4. #34     Jun 22, 2009
  5. Read it atticus. They do not fund loans.

It's very clearly written with this in orange bold face on http://npilf.com :

"We Are The Funding Source...We Do Not Broker Loans..."

There into funding Venture Capital, not bullshit SBA loans.

#35     Jun 22, 2009
  6. There's no ficition in 25% annualized returns. Good luck finding a mutual fund that had higher returns since March 20th, 2007. I do this screen daily to see if there's any high fliers I can see in Fidelity's mutual fund screener and there aren't any.

#36     Jun 22, 2009
  7. Most funds are not leveraged. Most funds have a beta well under 1.00. Regardless, your C2 is not REAL MONEY and as such, you had no skin in the game.

11/07 to date: 0% return.

#37     Jun 22, 2009
  8. They are marketing to the SBA crowd:

The Most Cost Effective Way For Companies To Meet More Investor/Lenders...
    It's Really That Easy...!

During your internet video-streaming meeting...you will see and speak directly to members of our Investment Committee (Investors/Lenders). You will have the opportunity to present your funding request. We will discuss creative ways of providing funding for your business.

We are not a bank and do not base our funding decisions on credit scores. We also don't broker loans for a fee! We are the funding source that manages a Private Investor Fund that provides funding for Businesses and Real Estate Investors.

Here are just a few funding options:

-
    Down Payment Assistance Program: Great for business start-ups applying for SBA Loans or other sources of Institutional Funding. (One of our most popular funding options!).

#38     Jun 22, 2009
  9. They requested the confirms. They got them. Substantial money had been trading with it to produce the real results they sought. Obviously I'm not posting them out here, but you can follow my real trading elsewhere.

You're really beating a dead horse. It doesn't even matter what happened in the past because they've already sent my letter of interest. What happens when they plunk down the money on a highly qualified Level II CFA Candidate with a BS in Financial Economics is what they care about. Results were one thing, qualifications were obviously more important to them.

I was going to charge them 1% with 20% profits, but with a clawback.

You know I have gotten returns substantially similar to C2. C2 is only what you as an outsider can see. There's now an alternative site that you can also see straight out of my brokerage accounts but shall remain nameless.

#39     Jun 22, 2009
  10. You either have a bad memory or don't understand what I wrote to you in neke's thread, so I am going to copy and paste this:

*********You are a pathetic bagholder! The word "manage" reveals that you know nothing about TRADING. The way you panic at the thought of a 30% drawdown confirms my belief that you know nothing about TRADING. Furthermore, you totally misunderstand the way neke is trading.

As a bagholder, you demonstrated your blissful ignorance in trying to give advice to neke.

I read neke's earlier posts and I am convinced that neke knows what he is doing. He has been doing great for years until the recent rough patch.

Maybe I am wasting my time responding to your post, because I know your brain just doesn't comprehend the definition of the word TRADING. TRADING must be an alien concept to you.

"manage"? You make me laugh.

Everytime a person talks about "money management," I know he knows nothing, he is just throwing the term around trying to impress/confuse others and hide his own ignorance.*********

#40     Jun 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.